Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 04:46 PM

Re: The Vicar of York

He's a fairly young looking chap, probably in his mid 30's, . . he's a member of the cloth so to speak, . . they should wrap one round his gob.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
He said on News24 today that people at the lower end of the income scale should not feel guilty for shoplifting in the larger stores at this time of the year, . . he had said this preaching in church yesterday.

He's a religious man, . . I think, . . what happened to the commandment . . "thou shalt not steal ?", . . poorer folks hearing his stupid sermon yesterday now perhaps think it's OK to shoplift at Christmas time.

Where do these clowns come from ? . . .
Oh Denis please don't get me started on these idiots, nearly as bad as the media. As mentioned above both these groups crave publicity and I think these stupid outbursts are more geared to that rather than trying to do their job. As Oldolocks said going into the church was once a 'calling' which only certain people followed, now it's just a job, and there's a big difference
liverbird
Wirral
liverbird is female  liverbird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 05:36 PM

Holy row greets fatherly advice from York vicar

Church of England priest Tim Jones preaches it's OK to shoplift, though it's best from a big retail company not family business, Father Tim Jones, the
parish priest of St Lawrence and St Hilda in York, told his
congregation on Sunday that certain vulnerable people face difficult
situations.
"My advice, as a Christian priest, is to shoplift,"
"I would ask that they do not steal from small, family businesses, but
from large national businesses, knowing that the costs are ultimately
passed on to the rest of us in the form of higher prices," he said, adding: "I would ask them not to take any more than they need, for any
longer than they need."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...eal-york-vicar

dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 05:47 PM

I think his boss (? Archbishop of Canterbury?) read his bumps more recently?

We talked about this here
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 06:49 PM

It wasn't the current AofC but his predecessor, George Carey who said the vic had been "foolish"
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 11:54 PM

"Situational ethics"!!! It boggles the mind ..... theft is still theft, regardless of the motivation. And you and I are paying for it in higher prices.
chinadoll
Wales
chinadoll is female  chinadoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 08:11 PM

I've lost faith in vicars,priests et al. I was baptised as a baby in a little welsh chapel by a minister who, along with his lovely wife and family helped anyone they could. No "Fancy dress" or a church that cost the earth to maintain. Just a small wooden hall. Our minister worked hard for his congregation and lived to the grand old age of 89. He was known as "Pop" and well loved by both adults and kids. So unlike these so called "Men of the cloth" nowadays. How many of these are really dedicated I wonder.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 06:54 AM

Oh well, . . . thank the lord I'm a non-believer.
chinadoll
Wales
chinadoll is female  chinadoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 09:14 AM

Well it takes all sorts eh nero? Im more agnostic but spiritual these days.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 12:37 PM

I see shoplifting by the very poorest far less reprehensible than the rip-off practices of some company executives, politicians and bankers.
One might well be need the other just pure greed.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top