Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 07:10 PM

Re: What would you miss?

Yes dandysmom but do you get that all on the same day cos we do here. Ok well maybe no the blistering heat waves on the same day as ice but if you live in the North of England blistering heat waves are quite rare but floods and blizzards we have em all the time.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 10:05 PM

Good point, not all on the same day! But often in fairly rapid succession: we just had the 16" snow, then heavy rain followed by flooding when everything melted!
I could use a blistering heat wave now, only "warmed up" to -5 now at 4 pm....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 11:14 PM

My goodness that is cold but in Scotland just up the road from me it has been as cold as that. Still we are in January now and we will soon start seeing the begining of spring although up here it does tend to come a bit late. I agree a nice heat wave would be lovely except we would begin to moan that it was too darned hot. We do so love to complain about the weather.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 11:31 PM

January is our coldest month here in the mid Atlantic states the normal high is 6 and the low -1. It's so cold I might not go to the market tomorrow and just fix dinner from the freezer!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top