Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 04:21 PM

10 years ago

Can you remember what you were doing or where you were 10 years ago?

As it was the Millennium we went out to watch the huge firework displays on New Year's Eve, New Year's Day was a family get-together. A few days later we flew out to Barbados as a special holiday to mark the new century.

This past ten years seem to have flown by!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 04:27 PM

Re: 10 years ago

I watched the firework displays that were going on and our neighbours did a big display on the green outside our house ..We were'nt as lucky as you Mags in going somewhere so exotic but all in all you wonder how that 10 years has just flown by don't you...
Sue
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 04:29 PM

Yes - I`d had a difficult year and my Resolution was to change things, which I did. So I`m a lot happier now. There- Resolutions do work!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Yes - I`d had a difficult year and my Resolution was to change things, which I did. So I`m a lot happier now. There- Resolutions do work!
I'm very pleased things have changed for the better Claire
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 04:41 PM

I remember all the millennium fuss and the dozens of high powered meetings at work where there were all sorts of worries about everything failing to work any more, because of the millennium bug.
I remember fireworks on the night of course, but no planes falling out of the sky, thankfully.
It seems little more than a heartbeat away but the interim has seen us move home, seen my dad take ill and pass away, seen the loss of three old pets and arrival of three (still fairly) newbies, and now 2010 will, all being well, bring my first grandchild. I think the old song calls it The Rhythym of Life

Oh - and I'd never posted a word on a web forum 10 years ago!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 04:49 PM

We had a big party to celebrate the millenium. We could hear the canons being fired in Portsmouth when we stood outside and saw the fireworks too.

My mum was still with us then and enjoyed the party with the family getting together. She had already been diagnosed with cancer, I think she is the thing I miss most.

I had never posted on a forum either DM. Who knows what we will be up to in 10 years time in 2020.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

02-01-2010, 04:54 PM

I didn't own a computer then let alone post on forums

Gosh! how I've progressed!!!
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 06:13 PM

10 yrs ago i was full of optimism for the future. hmm let me see. by jan 1st 2000 i lost my daughter. then my grandkids where taken into care. then my dad died. then it all went down hill. other than getting married. 99% of it went wrong.
so im really hoping the next 10 yrs are better.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 07:27 PM

I was working and living in london - gosh, it really doesn't seem like ten years ago! Think the last ten years have gone by the quickest :- /

Hope the next ten go by a little slower!
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 08:08 PM

Sorry Azz, I'm afraid they just get faster and faster!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top