Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 07:31 AM

A frosty good morning

Who asked for a white Christmas ?

We are now into the third week of ice and snow, . . that brass monkey down the road is gonna be disappointed this morning, . . I've run out of welding rods.

Have a careful day folks, . . and turn up the heating.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 08:54 AM

Re: A frosty good morning

Morning Nero -yes we've also got a cold'un over here in East Anglia. Its a mind how you go day alright!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 11:04 AM

My dog and I had a wonderful walk this morning. The temperature was -4.0c, a clear blue sky and the frost on the ground sparkled like diamonds in the sunlight, truly beautiful. There were lots of other people out walking their dogs too and I even managed to keep Cinders from taking her twice daily bath in the brook. So no need to dry her when we got home.

Hope your day started out as nice.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 11:37 AM

Cold and gin-clear here again. As long as the roads and pavements are clear - and it's warm inside - it's pretty pleasant if you're properly dressed for it.
Do you think, as this is a 'proper winter' we might, if we're very good, just, possibly, get a REAL summer this year. Nice warm dry weather, at the time of year it's supposed to come? October was very pleasant but, oh, how I love those light, balmy, real summer nights (Sounds like Grease! )
A leisurely day in prospect. Lots of armchair sport - cricket now, FA cup, The Scottish Old Firm match, rugby tonight - so I shan't be bored - as if anyone with internet access and books available should ever be bored.

Hope everyone has a very nice day. Stay safe if it's bad underfoot/tyre.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 11:58 AM

Morning all

Yet another lovely clear sunny day, +2º at the moment. I feel we have missed out on the snow again this winter - we had a light dusting a couple of weeks ago but that was it. I can understand how frustrating it must be though for those of you who are having snow falls day after day, especially if you are unable to go outdoors

Have a good day everyone, stay safe and warm
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK
fuzzy finker is male  fuzzy finker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 12:38 PM

A slightly late good morning here... it's taken me three hours to get the door of the cowshed open, frozen solid it was....
By crikey that was cold last night - and we've had snow flurries this morning too....

Not nice....
kozmic_tulip
New Member!
Lincolnshire, UK
kozmic_tulip is female 

03-01-2010, 12:57 PM

okay..I got 8 minutes here...
A gracious good morning to you all.
This is the last day of my 11 day break from work. I still have loads of baking stuff left over, so I've made some banana bread to take into the crew at work tomorrow, and I think I'll make some Oatmeal Scotchies next weekend.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Morning all another crisp clear day, heaven !

Had a lovely walk until Chloe spotted a Moorhen on the other side of the steam and ran off through the gateway into the next field to chase it . She then got confused and lost when she could hear but not see me or find her way back and ended up being chased by a cow don't know which of us was the most relieved when she was safely back by my side .

Off to see if my bread has risen have a good day everyone...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 05:57 PM

It's bitterly cold, sunny but blustery winds, -6 (22 F) and wind shill is -15!! We're not used to this weather here, I needed to go to the market for fresh produce but it was just too cold for a 20 minute walk over and back, fortunately Carolyn called to say she was going and did I want a ride,,, so am all stocked for the next few days. This cold will linger to the weekend supposedly, ugh! So that's all my news!

Hope all are warm and dry!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 09:30 PM

It is horrid still where I am - the deep snow is now thick ice! People were out on the loch at Lochwinnoch today when I was at the RSPB and the walks were all iced over and I couldn't go for a walk along them, so stayed in the centre most of the time before going to Castle Semple Loch and watched everyone skating and playing ice hockey on the ice! The swans were congregated at the edge and people were feeding them and the ducks as well.

Seemingly, the bad weather is to continue for another 2 weeks! Who said they liked the snow!! I will swap for good auld rain any day - at least I can walk in the rain

Hope everyone has enjoyed their Sunday and enjoying a lovely warm and cosy evening

Take care.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top