Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 07:43 AM

A nippy Monday

Mornin all, . . it's -8 here, . . in fact it's -8 all over Central Scotland, . . tomorrow will be colder so they say, . . they're talking -10.

I got up an hour ago to switch on the heating, . . it's been off during the last two nights, . . did'nt expect it to be so Baltic last night.

I'm now gonna start up old Barbie, . . the roads are so bad she's the only motor I trust when it's like this, . . take care oFFers, and have a warm day.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 07:59 AM

Re: A nippy Monday

Good Morning Nero and everyone Be careful on those roads Nero and everyone else going out. There's certainly a cold chill this morning. I got up at 6.00 this morning also to put the heating on. I'm sad that hubby has to go back to work after having all the time off over Christmas but it is nice to get everything back to normal.

Enjoy you're Monday everyone
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 08:44 AM

Good morning and all,

It is freezing here too, it hasn't thawed out for three days now.

I am back to work today, I am down for every day until next Monday

We will be stocktaking, changing all of the prices because of VAT and two days of Reception meetings, they aren't so bad, we get to visit other attractions as guests and see behind the scenes also go on a "safari trip" around the park in the land rover to keep up to date with all the changes that have occurred throughout the year.

The centre re-opens on Saturday and then life will return to normal, whatever that is!

Have a good day all
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 08:47 AM

Some clown on TV just said we should chill out over this cold winter, . . where do they get these people.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 09:23 AM

Morning Nero -morning all. WE are a few degrees up on you but still keeping the greenhouse heater going 24/7. These plants are looked after as well as I-lol.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 09:52 AM

Morning Denis and Everyone - chilly-billy here as well on the west coast, -8. Horrid weather. At least my living room is warm and I had to turn the heating down! I keep on the heating because of the parrots!! Lucky parrots! I never put it on in the bedroom I use as I hate a warm bedroom - can't breathe if it is too hot in there!

Hope you all have a lovely day whatever the weather

Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 10:19 AM

Morning all, it's -6º here and snowing.

We intended going into town today but have decided against it - the last thing we want is OH slipping and damaging his knee even more.

Take care if you're out and about .... and stay warm.

CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 10:23 AM

Good morning all, it is -6.0c here but very beautiful as it was a hoar frost and the trees look lovely.

A few neighbours have ventured out in their cars, but I don't think I'll bother today. For once I have left the central heating on, usually it is only on for an hour in the morning and a couple of hours in the evening (never on upstairs either, except for the bathroom).
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 11:12 AM

Mornin' all. Not so bad here. The temperature is -2°C. We're around 40 miles inland from Portsmouth and Southsea.

Edit: I say 'inland' but what other direction would it be? ...without living in France!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 12:37 PM

Morning all. It was -5 at 9am as OH drove the cats to their holiday home and I walked to town to have my legs waxed and eyebrows plucked ... have I got that the right way round? Yes!
It's a lovely day though; Dinah and I have done our usual circuit through the woods and it was gorgeous - lots of birdsong too.

Last day at home - we leave the house tomorrow morning and I am on the loose in London as OH does his last day at work before hols. Dinah will get dropped off en route, so she has a strange day today, as she anticipates being kennelled at any moment, the poor cats having already gone. I felt I couldn't leave them till the last minute - that would be just the time one would do a Houdini and squeeze out the door not to be seen for 6 hours.

I'm giving blood early afternoon - I assume it's OK to fly after? I'll have to check.

The window cleaner has just been - now there's a job I don't envy this weather!

Have a good day all, stay warm and safe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top