Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 08:59 AM

Thawing tuesday

-I wish! Anyway good morning and stay inside if you don't need to go out. Brrrr!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 09:11 AM

Re: Thawing tuesday

Good morning Chr1st1an and everyone. I've just been listening to Radio 2 News and conditions sound really bad around Manchester. The roads are at a standstill due to lorries having skidded.

We're due for quite a bit of snow in the south later today according to the forecast. It's our normal shopping day. I think an earlier than usual trip to Tesco might be in order.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 10:19 AM

Morning Christian and All More heavy snow for us here on the west coast of Scotland! Hate the stuff!! Some councils on the east coast have run out of salt!

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 10:38 AM

Morning all. We are forecast snow later today and I gather it is already snowing next door in Northamptonshire. So I think I had better go to the village to the post office, and also get in some extra milk, so that I don't have to go out again in the car until the weekend. I will still have to walk Cinders though.
Stay warm and safe.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 12:39 PM

Morning! Fffflippin' freezin' here in SW London. I'm parked here in the lobby of a posh hotel whilst OH attends to his business. Thank goodness for dongles - the hourly/daily rate for wi-fi access is £6/£25. What a rip off!
Our flight is due out of Gatwick about 10 am tomorrow. Looking at the forecast just on I think we may well be delayed - spit! Still, nowt we can do about it so I'll continue to practice chill-mode.
I fely mean dropping Dinah at the kennels this morning. They have their heat lamps on 24/7 but it's not quite the same as your own log fire, is it? Poor girl - no doubt she will survive but I bet she'll be glad to see us on our return

Have a good day and keep warm and safe everyone
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 01:01 PM

Have a wonderful time dinahsmum, don't spare a thought for us poor souls shivering in the arctic conditions. We're British don't ya know, and we'll get through.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 01:12 PM

I wouldn't have mentioned it if I thought the folks here couldn't cope Dolly! Good old Blighty
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 01:14 PM

Hope you are not delayed to long DM. Enjoy your holiday, Dinah will be fine and appreciate the fire even more.

Its snowing here in Birmingham quite heavy too and sticking.
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 02:25 PM

Here in the High Peak we have had very heavy snowfalls overnight and this morning. We must have about 12 inches of snow now, and travel is very, very difficult if not impossible.

Foxy loves the snow and have had to take her for a good run. Left Sadie (three legged old girl) at home, as she cannot cope with snow this deep.

Not working today, as all the clients I could walk to have rung up and said they are at home today as they cannot travel into work, so they don't need their dogs walking. If this carries on much longer, I may have to resort to begging on the streets!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 05:34 PM

Hi, all; it sounds awful over there! We're spared any snow but the Arctic air is well entrenched: -4 , (26 F), wind chill -7. sunny but brisk winds. Stayed indoors again as I really feel the cold as I've gotten older. Will have to shop Thursday though, as am getting a bit low on produce, milk and orange juice. There seems to be no warmup in the near future, where's the January thaw???

DM, hope you can get away! Think of sunshine and warmth!

Stay warm, safe and upright, everyone!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top