Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 06:08 PM

Re: Thawing tuesday

Thawing Tuesday . . I never knew you believed in fairies Chris.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 07:28 PM

No thawing here either. We have had about a foot of snow here. The winds are going to be coming from the east in the next couple of days so the temperature will drop further.

Thank goodness I was day off today after working the weekend. Not too long to retirement now

The dogs loved it in the snow - bouncing round like lambs. But their fur collected miniature 'snowballs' - they looked like Christmas trees covered in white baubles
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 07:39 PM

Had Loki up at the field this morning and it was awful! The snow was right over my ankles and difficult to run around in the field - Loki loved it though and had a great time lying in it

The forecast is bad for tonight for all over the UK and I hope you all won't be too cold!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Evening all

Having spent the day in the stock room I didn't realise it had started to snow. OH rang about an hour after it started to tell me it was already an inch thick. I dropped everything and ran!

I still managed to get stuck on the school road which is uphill and windy, I had to get the farmer to tow me home! It has come down really fast, I dread to think what it will be like tomorrow.

Have a good holiday DM and spare us the ocassional thought!

Take care all.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 10:05 PM

Well. here we are at Gatwick airport. We've had a good supper but it's snowing steadily now. Who knows what the morning will bring? My next message may be from Sussex, may be from Egypt
Keep warm everyone
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Well. here we are at Gatwick airport. We've had a good supper but it's snowing steadily now. Who knows what the morning will bring? My next message may be from Sussex, may be fom Egypt
Keep warm everyone
Let's hope it is from Egypt. Have a good break and don't worry too much about us getting hypothermia
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 10:32 PM

Have a good time DM!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 11:14 PM

Enjoy DM.......trying to post quick message before internet goes down yet again-been doing this most of evening-blaming the weather!!!!! Got up this morning and couldn't believe it-the snow was incredible and I was snowed in!!! Haven't done anything today except clear a little path down my driveway just in case I needed to go out. Just heard on the news in certain parts at end of week could get down to -20!!!!!!!!!! That is cold!!!!!!!! Keep warm and safe everyone and hopefully I will be able to get on earlier tomorrow..........
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 11:56 PM

OMG, merz, stay in if you can tomorrow and stay warm! That's brutally cold!! Hope your net stays on. What does Hatti think about this ... is she playing in it?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 11:58 PM

That sounds awful Merz I hope it stars thawing soon for you .... take care!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top