Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 06:54 PM

Is this right !

Not a thread to discuss the death penalty, that has been discused many times on Dogsey and here I think.

Everyone I know (And I do mean everyone) has told me that if there is no death penalty for murder then life must mean life, so how come this evil man gets only 21 years, even if he does not get parole he'll still be only 38 when he comes out which is young.

What do you think I think it stinks.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100105/...e-dba1618.html
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 08:48 PM

Re: Is this right !

A few years ago in the early evening we had a knock on the door a girl was standing there and said she'd been raped we let her in and called the police and it transpired it was a very brutal attack and she was made to do some of the most awful things that no woman should be asked to do he also told her he was HIV anyway they caught the beast (I was going to say animal but no animal would be as malicous as this)and he was eventually tried and the newspaper heading said
"Life for rapist" well after reading further into the print it said the judge recommended he spend at least 4 years in jail ...
How can this be LIFE...
I agree Losos that for a life it should be life the system of the courts in this country is an ass and a total restructuring should be a priority...
Sue
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 08:56 PM

Hear, Hear!!

The law in this country puts more importance on money and possessions than on human life. i.e. the rapist in Suey's post got 4 years for a vicious and brutal attack. Someone who has committed a fraudulent act (and I do not condone any crimes) gets eight years in jail. Where on earth is the sense and the justice?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
A few years ago in the early evening we had a knock on the door a girl was standing there and said she'd been raped we let her in and called the police and it transpired it was a very brutal attack and she was made to do some of the most awful things that no woman should be asked to do he also told her he was HIV anyway they caught the beast (I was going to say animal but no animal would be as malicous as this)and he was eventually tried and the newspaper heading said
"Life for rapist" well after reading further into the print it said the judge recommended he spend at least 4 years in jail ...
How can this be LIFE...
I agree Losos that for a life it should be life the system of the courts in this country is an ass and a total restructuring should be a priority...
Sue
That's truly awful, yes, how can 4 years be 'life' you say a 'few years ago' so he might be out now or preparing to be released. You must have been shocked that evening when you opened the door and were looking at that girl.

Originally Posted by Wanda ->
Hear, Hear!!

The law in this country puts more importance on money and possessions than on human life. i.e. the rapist in Suey's post got 4 years for a vicious and brutal attack. Someone who has committed a fraudulent act (and I do not condone any crimes) gets eight years in jail. Where on earth is the sense and the justice?
The more I read about these horrendous crimes the more I feel our judiciary are living on a different planet and successive Home Secretaries seem to just ignore the matter, I feel it's put in the 'too hard' tray because if they do try to change the law the media and the 'do gooders' (as I call them) will get together and start a campain.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 12:51 AM

IMO, "Life" ought to mean life with no possibility of parole whatsoever, our courts here are too lenient also .....
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 11:15 AM

I had a friend who's son was knifed to death on his own doorstep by a drug addict, who got the wrong house. The perpetrator got only seven years because he had no previous history of violence. The family had to sit through two trials as the first was dismissed on a technicality.

He is now free to walk the streets, whilst my friend and her family have received the life sentence of losing their only son, and his child lost her father.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 02:37 PM

I think it is a deplorable sentence - life should mean exactly that - life! Our judicial system in this country needs to be brought into the 21st Century. I was witness to an attempted murder right outside my flat and I did try to stop them but the louts continued to kick the young man's head like a football, I had called the police and ambulance but it took them about 10 mins to come and in the meantime the poor chap on the ground was being kicked by two at his head and 4 others at his back! The chap eventually stopped moving but the louts continued to kick his head. I knew them. One lout was filming it on his mobile! The outcome was the young man suffered brain damage and he already had a metal plate in his head from an accident when he was a wee boy. The plate was broken if 4 places!

The louts pleaded guilty because of my evidence to the police and I named them as well. I got abusive language from them all when I called down to them to stop! Anyway, their sentences? 4 years each for the two who kicked his head - 2 months for the one who filmed it!

The young man's mother, I know her, complained to our MSP and he has got an appeal for sometime this month. It was supposed to be heard in December but the judge (or whoever it would be) wasn't available to hear the appeal!

I hope they get life as well.

Life sentences are stupid. He still has his life and still comparatively young when he comes out - that young woman met a horrible death and the punishment should match the crime.

Bring back hanging.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 04:37 PM

Life sentences are a joke in this country.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 05:55 PM

This country has `laws` not `justice`.

It`s a game played by a few people in wigs getting rich and scoring points off each other.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 06:31 PM

My view is, . . . hang-em-high.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top