Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 08:45 AM

Wobbly wednesday

-or it may well be if you try to walk outside. We have been so lucky overnight in not seeing any further snow. Take care all !
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 09:18 AM

Re: Wobbly wednesday

Morning Christian

Its snow snow snow here. We have had 10" snow and more is on the way. I wont be going to work today! I doubt if anyone will make it in as it is situated on the A3 and people were stranded there last night and it is partially closed.

We had a power cut last night from just after 7pm to almost 4 this morning. I camped out in our dining room with Fiji and the pups as the Aga keeps it warm. I will be going back to bed for an hour I feel shattered.

Take care everyone!
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 10:56 AM

We have no snow here in Folkestone, but icy pavement making it leathal to go out with excitable Golden Retrievers! Staying in.........

Take care all
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 11:10 AM

I cleared the paths here this morning and around the bird tables and now it has snowed all over them again Why did I waste my time?

Apart from walking Cinders I don't think I will go anywhere today.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 12:46 PM

It snowed overnight here and we were greeted with 15-18cms of it this morning....... and it's still falling now.

Managed to get to the shops earlier and picked up a few essentials for my neighbour at the same time. No doubt it will be treacherous walking tomorrow after it freezes tonight.

Cassie won't go out today, I don't blame her as it must be freezing for their little paws.

Take care everyone, we don't want any reports of broken bones!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 01:10 PM

Morning all snowing still falling on and off. It is now up to Chloe's shoulder and because of the snow balling in her legs the weight prevents her walking.

Fortunately a tractor came down the lane and Chloe was able to walk in the tracks and after yesterday refusing to poo in the snow manage two today so I am greatly relieved (other dog owners will share with me the importance of the daily poo ).

Stay safe and warm everyone...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 02:27 PM

Afternoon Christian and Everyone No more snow fell lhere but it is very icy underfoot and our stupid idiotic council don't have any more salt left!! Can't understand why not - they had plenty warnings from the Met office about this happening! The good thing though is that it is lovely sunshine and to be like this until at least Sunday, so perhaps that will melt the ice!!

Stay safe.

Take care.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 05:22 PM

G'day all, . . well what's left of it, . . sub-zero and an inch of snow again last night, . . and we're in for more of the same for another week
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 05:38 PM

What dreadful weather you all are suffering! Makes me feel a bit guilty complaining of just the bitter cold here. It's not as bad today, we might get above freezing for the first time in weeks, woo hoo! Presently -2 (29 F), and some tentative sunshine. Am still staying inside today; getting a ride to the market tomorrow with Carolyn and can stock up as it may snow Friday, ugh. What a horrid Winter so far. Hang in here as Nero said the January thaw should be here by April!

Stay in if possible, stay warm!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Morning all snowing still falling on and off. It is now up to Chloe's shoulder and because of the snow balling in her legs the weight prevents her walking.

Fortunately a tractor came down the lane and Chloe was able to walk in the tracks and after yesterday refusing to poo in the snow manage two today so I am greatly relieved (other dog owners will share with me the importance of the daily poo ).

Stay safe and warm everyone...
Yes, I understand the importance of the daily poo Meg, especially with mini Schnauzers. My hubby took Asti out in the snow and she didn't do her daily poo (she'll only go outside, not in the garden), hopefully she will go tonight on her walk. The snow also balled in her legs, when she got back we had to put her legs in warm water to get the snow off. She still wants to go in the garden and do her daily checks of it even though the snow is upto her chest. The snow is really bad here in West Berkshire.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top