Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 09:10 AM

F-f-f-friddday-y

-and if you have to go out then don't forget your damarts
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 10:10 AM

Re: F-f-f-friddday-y

Morning Christian and all

It is freezing here and we have had a power cut since Wednesday at 6pm, it came back on at 3.30am this morning. Thank god for the woodburner and the Aga. We are still snowed in and the park is closed (18" snow in the car park) so not expecting to go to work anytime soon.

The garden has taken a battering, my elderly Laurel has come down bit by bit with the weight of the snow so the garden will look very diferent when we get back to normal.

Dogs are hibernating although Rufus seems to like the snow.

Take care all in these slippery conditions.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 10:31 AM

Good morning all, on another icy morning. I have just scraped the car off, (four days frost and snow on it), as I must go out food shopping this morning. My road is like glass, but I hope the main roads are clear. That is if I can manage to back the car out as some idiot has dumped their car right opposite mine, so I hope there is room to get out. Why on earth are people so thoughtless, if they'd parked another 20 yards up the road they would have been in front of an empty fenced building site. Grrrrrrrrrr!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 10:40 AM

Here I am - never went to The Nile, never got beyond Gatwick - ho hum
One night abandoned by the airline so we went to my daughters and then yesterday with promises and procrastination, so we gave up and came home! Fair enough if the place isn't safe but insufficient INFO and some people (not us) getting very stroppy.
Goodness knows where our luggage is but never mind - I guess it will appear sometime
Hooray for good insurance
So, the fire is lit, the house is warm, the pets are being collected ... life's not too bad, is it?
I'll be back to chat later
Take care and keep warm
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
One night abandoned by the airline so we went to my daughters and then yesterday with promises and procrastination, so we gave up and came home! Fair enough if the place isn't safe but insufficient INFO and some people (not us) getting very stroppy.
Goodness knows where our luggage is but never mind - I guess it will appear sometime
So, the fire is lit, the house is warm, the pets are being collected ... life's not too bad, is it?
Take care and keep warm
Thats a shame when you were looking forward to it. The pets will be pleased to see you though!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 11:24 AM

You know DM, you have ruined my daydream I when battling through the sidewinds of snow the other day thought of you and though I bet H is glad she is away during all this.

And you are not away. ...sor sorry will you go when the weather returns to normal? or opt for somewhere else?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 12:43 PM

Morning Christian and Everyone Hope you are all safe and warm! It is sunny again up here but as the snow melts - it freezes just as quickly. Some parts of Scotland were having minus 20 degrees last night. Where I live it was minus 8 or 9 degrees, which wasn't too bad (as long as you were indoors)

Hope you will all have a good day and stay safe.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 02:00 PM

Ventured out today for few supplies, Pavements are really bad, main roads seems okish, local roads not good. Plenty of cars, buses etc & trains on the move.
Not attempting to walk the dogs though as too risky if they should get excited & pull me over.

Bored.....bored ....bored
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Take care and keep warm
Oh no sorry to hear this DM , I was thinking how lucky you were to be away from it all for a bit as I trudged through the white suff.

Bet Dinah was pleased to see you back lots of 'Staffie smiles' and wriggle bums no doubt ...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 02:53 PM

Why did I ever say 'I prefer cold conditions to mud'
I am firmly stuck at home, if I manage to get the car off the drive I will never make it up the hill to the main road.
Guess most of us are in the same boat.

Thank heaven for PCSs have just ordered a food delivery to arrive on Monday in case things don't improve next week so at least I won't starve .

Keep safe and warm everyone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top