Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 12:17 PM

Getting To Speak To Your Doctor?

Round & Round & Round!

Last week, I picked up my repeat prescription. I was told, by the Phramacy) that the Doctor needed to review it before the next time I collect one.

OK. I walk 100 yards to the Surgery, just as some prisoners were being ejected by yellow coated surgery guards.

"You cannot come in, they said, "get an appointment by phone or through the on line system".

OK.

Step 1 : rang reception to try to speak to a doctor. No luck. The queue was big and the phone response includes two massive recordings explaining everything from Corvid to other stuff.

Valid - if you only have to hear it once!

Anyway, I was put in a queue and given a magic waiiting number. When it rang I Was CUT OFF.

Went round again, twice.

Gave up & went to the online login.

Nice set of instructions, one of which was to set up to speak to a doctor - tried it - but it didn't connect me to a doctor.

Spent another hour and then gave up.

Surely I'm not the only one with these issues?

Wouldn't a second person, on the phones, be more efficient - voice is always better than recordings.

The last try was when I was told (in one of the messages)to contact the practice to to get a registration number for logging in to online above and linking me to the Practice.

Tried that - and the the whole roundabout starts all over again!.

I have some experience3 of using on line - but it might be my fault.

Other experiences, please?

Note: Just read that Doctors are increasingly surprised that fewer people are visiting them, since Corvid!

There's a thought!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 12:31 PM

Re: Getting To Speak To Your Doctor?

Aren't we supposed to go out on a Thursday night and clap until our hands are red in appreciation of the God like dedication of our NHS Ted....Somebody's having a laugh somewhere!....

I haven't tried contacting my Doctor for a while, but my medication is coming up for review soon Ted, so thanks for the warning.....

Incidentally, my daughter had to visit the hospital for an appointment last week, and when she went in, there was no bugger there, and all the staff were either eating, drinking coffee or playing with their smartphones...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 12:33 PM

I had a similar experiance so I rang 111, the nice lady, after I told her my problem, said she would ring the surgery for me & they would ring me, a Doctor rang me a few minutes later & I got an appointment to see him.
This was before Covid19, our surgery has been difficult to contact since they amalgamated with several other surgeries in our area & became a consortium.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I had a similar experiance so I rang 111, the nice lady, after I told her my problem, said she would ring the surgery for me & they would ring me, a Doctor rang me a few minutes later & I got an appointment to see him.
This was before Covid19, our surgery has been difficult to contact since they amalgamated with several other surgeries in our area & became a consortium.
Looks like the 111 service must have a direct line to the doctors i.e. bypassing the public!

Incidentally when my neighbour managed to get in there, a week or so ago, he says there was only one receptionist, doing the phones, but several staff "having a discussion" in the office nearby!

Not the best Help Desk management!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 01:06 PM

Actually, it has been pretty good for us.
No long waits.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 02:14 PM

Hi

The Local GP is a disaster.

Guy was released with 2 days supply of new medication and a voicemail and Email to the GP.

It took 9 days to get it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 03:41 PM

My next review is in September. I hope everything runs a bit smoother than it seems to be by then.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 05:01 PM

If all else fails I'd put a letter through the door asking for a call.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Round & Round & Round!

Last week, I picked up my repeat prescription. I was told, by the Phramacy) that the Doctor needed to review it before the next time I collect one.

OK. I walk 100 yards to the Surgery, just as some prisoners were being ejected by yellow coated surgery guards.

"You cannot come in, they said, "get an appointment by phone or through the on line system".

OK.

Step 1 : rang reception to try to speak to a doctor. No luck. The queue was big and the phone response includes two massive recordings explaining everything from Corvid to other stuff.

Valid - if you only have to hear it once!

Anyway, I was put in a queue and given a magic waiiting number. When it rang I Was CUT OFF.

Went round again, twice.

Gave up & went to the online login.

Nice set of instructions, one of which was to set up to speak to a doctor - tried it - but it didn't connect me to a doctor.

Spent another hour and then gave up.

Surely I'm not the only one with these issues?

Wouldn't a second person, on the phones, be more efficient - voice is always better than recordings.

The last try was when I was told (in one of the messages)to contact the practice to to get a registration number for logging in to online above and linking me to the Practice.

Tried that - and the the whole roundabout starts all over again!.

I have some experience3 of using on line - but it might be my fault.

Other experiences, please?

Note: Just read that Doctors are increasingly surprised that fewer people are visiting them, since Corvid!

There's a thought!!!

No joke really though.
I think the best thing to do is to become a prisoner.
Prisoners are better looked after than pensioners anyway.
Knock off a policeman's helmet.
When he tells you that you'll be arrested, do it again.
Continue the above until you are arrested.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Aren't we supposed to go out on a Thursday night and clap until our hands are red in appreciation of the God like dedication of our NHS Ted....Somebody's having a laugh somewhere!....

I haven't tried contacting my Doctor for a while, but my medication is coming up for review soon Ted, so thanks for the warning.....
When my repeat medications come up for review, I'll tell the pharmacy that I'm unable to get to see my GP or speak to him on the phone, and ask what I should do next.

If nothing else works, and I am unable to take my essential medications, I shall have to visit my nearest A&E and be prepared for a long wait.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top