Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 05:56 PM

Re: Getting To Speak To Your Doctor?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Looks like the 111 service must have a direct line to the doctors i.e. bypassing the public!

Incidentally when my neighbour managed to get in there, a week or so ago, he says there was only one receptionist, doing the phones, but several staff "having a discussion" in the office nearby!

Not the best Help Desk management!
Yes, it's not the clinical staff, but the administrative staff.
Isn't that always the case?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 07:06 PM

Just had my prescription reviewed and renewed, rang the surgery at 0800, informed receptionist who told me the doctor would ring by 1100, which he did, asked me how I was and if I had a blood pressure monitor and if so give him a reading. Which I did.
Prescription was authorised and passed to my local pharmacy electronically.
I think that this might be the way of things at my surgery, everything done over the phone ..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Just had my prescription reviewed and renewed, rang the surgery at 0800, informed receptionist who told me the doctor would ring by 1100, which he did, asked me how I was and if I had a blood pressure monitor and if so give him a reading. Which I did.
Prescription was authorised and passed to my local pharmacy electronically.
I think that this might be the way of things at my surgery, everything done over the phone ..
I agree.
I have had absolutely no problems with my GP surgery.
Even the Rottweilers... er... the receptionists have been helpful although they won't let you in the surgery building.

Our GPs do initial consultations over the phone, which is a good idea of course. Although it hasn't yet been necessary, I'm sure they'd see me in person.

When I last visited the Manchester Eye Hospital in March, and glaucoma was confirmed and two types of eye drop prescribed, I was told to contact my GP before the drops provided ran out (in a month) and ask for them to be put on repeat prescription. This I did and later, when I asked if I could have some more, the Rot, er, receptionist assured me that they were on on my repeat prescription record.
I asked if I could speak with a GP and she said that I would be given a telephone call back. Actually, the, er, receptionist called me back herself and told me that a prescription had now been sent to the chemist and that I was now on their repeat system.
I have since checked online and find this to be the case.
They just need a little kick up the arris occasionally!

Incidentally, the practice has moved with the times and provides for repeat medication to be requested using t'internet.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 08:09 PM

It’s great when it works the way it should and like you I reorder my medication on line, it makes life easier.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 08:51 PM

I gave up.

When my knee suddenly seized up recently, I thought I might need surgery again as I did a few years ago. I managed to get through to the receptionist who told me it was better to book an appointment online. So I went online and it told me to contact the receptionist to register.

I am still having problems with it but if it seizes up again, I shall sit inside a dinghy on a beach and wait for all the help to arrive. I will probably be able to get my teeth looked at and get a haircut too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-07-2020, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I gave up.

When my knee suddenly seized up recently, I thought I might need surgery again as I did a few years ago. I managed to get through to the receptionist who told me it was better to book an appointment online. So I went online and it told me to contact the receptionist to register.
You can see why some people simply go to their nearest A&E, can't you?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I am still having problems with it but if it seizes up again, I shall sit inside a dinghy on a beach and wait for all the help to arrive. I will probably be able to get my teeth looked at and get a haircut too.
Or begin a career as a criminal and have a spell in a nice prison.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You can see why some people simply go to their nearest A&E, can't you?

Or begin a career as a criminal and have a spell in a nice prison.
Yep.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 11:48 PM

bbcode image
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, it's not the clinical staff, but the administrative staff.
Isn't that always the case?
I think you're right.

Anyway, I'm now sitting here waiting for a call back (scheduled to be "before 6 pm today).

I got there after I found that there are 3 web sites involved in working with this practice.
1) Patient Access.
2) Practice Website
3) Another NHS website

By "getting the codes" from one of them, I could ask for a call back, on another one, and follow the guidance on the third one.

Easy, really.

I guess it's all about privacy & security.

Scammers will NEVER get in.

But, neither will the public?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-07-2020, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I think you're right.

Anyway, I'm now sitting here waiting for a call back (scheduled to be "before 6 pm today).

I got there after I found that there are 3 web sites involved in working with this practice.
1) Patient Access.
2) Practice Website
3) Another NHS website

By "getting the codes" from one of them, I could ask for a call back, on another one, and follow the guidance on the third one.

Easy, really.

I guess it's all about privacy & security.

Scammers will NEVER get in.

But, neither will the public?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top