Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 02:30 PM

Re: Face Masks/Shops

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I have a stock of 70 masks, mainly for emergency in case there is a valid reason I have to go out.

Thinking of purchasing more as I have visions of it being a long, long winter ahead.
Useful and a good move but even more important is to stock up on essentials because I can see home deliveries becoming much harder to get.

A combination of an increase in Covid-19 cases, bad weather, shortages in shops, and even an increase in power cuts are highly probable.

For us this week its animal feed, not just for old Snot but for the wildlife too. The memsahib has drawn up a shopping list with different things on different weeks up to week 39.

You know it makes sense!
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 02:31 PM

My good lady and I went out shopping today, Asda, we wore masks, I did notice that the majority of shoppers in the shopping centre were actually wearing masks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Useful and a good move but even more important is to stock up on essentials because I can see home deliveries becoming much harder to get.

A combination of an increase in Covid-19 cases, bad weather, shortages in shops, and even an increase in power cuts are highly probable.

For us this week its animal feed, not just for old Snot but for the wildlife too. The memsahib has drawn up a shopping list with different things on different weeks up to week 39.

You know it makes sense!
I agree 100% AT, I'm fortunate to receive home deliveries so I am already making the most of it by stocking up before the shortages begin.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
No social distancing evident in the Supermarkets I’m visiting and only the older generation in the main wearing masks .
In my local supermarkets, social distancing is fairly well maintained but, as in your area, only the older generation in the main are wearing masks - but not all of them .....

There's going to be a huge "culture" shock to millions of people when they have to carry/wear a mask at all times ......

It'll be just like the war .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yet, you don’t have to wear one on your visit to the pub! That seems strange as people have been packed like sardines in some pubs!
Perhaps they want to encourage more people to go to shops but with the pub they don't need much encouragement! These appear to be economic rather than public health-led decisions.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
My good lady and I went out shopping today, Asda, we wore masks, I did notice that the majority of shoppers in the shopping centre were actually wearing masks.
Not so in our Tesco, Val and I wore masks, most others (including staff) did not.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yet, you don’t have to wear one on your visit to the pub! That seems strange as people have been packed like sardines in some pubs!

Perhaps they will have to make a little hole in it to stick a straw through, Art.

Same with restaurants, only they will need a bigger hole.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
If people are sensible they should realise that everyone wearing a mask and adhering to the distance rules in a shop/store should ensure their safety.
Exactly Mags. I admit the furthest I've been in the last 4 months is to the Medical Centre, but each time I made sure I was wearing a mask and gloves. I wouldn't even get in the lift to go upstairs, I walked up the centre of the two flights of stairs. Admittedly, almost passing out from exertion with COPD! It was also like the third degree before I was even allowed to enter the building. Temperature taken, 20 questions about my health and no admittance without a priority appointment. That was before I even reached reception!

Whether the Gov't are doing it to increase the footfall or because of safety, I'm not sure, I do think however, it is right for the safety of all, that food establishments do the right thing to ensure everyone's safety, Is it so hard for shoppers to wear a mask in supermarkets and foodshops? The Gov't have allowed two weeks for those who have yet to acquire a mask, so no excuses. It doesn't even have to be the regulation 3 layered does it? I read somewhere it can be home-made or even a scarf over your nose and mouth.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 04:20 PM

It's a bit of a leveller, no one can complain about anyone wearing face coverings now can they?

On the down side, how will we recognise bankrobbers?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps they want to encourage more people to go to shops but with the pub they don't need much encouragement! These appear to be economic rather than public health-led decisions.
Indeed, Christmas will be very different, the aftermath of this pandemic could be around for a while yet.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top