Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 09:29 AM

Good News for Doctors, Dentists, Police and Armed Forces

Pay rises coming for our public sector workers who have been on the COVID-19 front line.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN24L2TS
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 09:57 AM

Re: Good News for Doctors, Dentists, Police and Armed Forces

Heavens above dentistS earn huge amounts as it is .
Not that I begrudge them it .
It’s not a job I could see myself doing .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 10:19 AM

Mrs Fox once went for a tooth extraction, she told the dentist she was more frightened than she was when she had a baby...
He said; "Make your mind up, I've tools for both!"....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Pay rises coming for our public sector workers who have been on the COVID-19 front line.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN24L2TS
It's good news for us if we'll be able to recruit lots more Doctors, so that we'll be able to arrange a consultation with them.

Also, if we get more police such that rapes & thefts, etc will be followed up.

I don't see many NHS Dentists, around here. but, given the choice, they'll always do the Privates () first.

Armed forces is probably good but they need to do more merging of the Admin, as the do in the US, (and get rid of those Billions of pounds spent on RED ARROWS! Who needs bows & arrows nowadays?.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 12:46 PM

Lucky them! The NSW government has a case before the Industrial Tribunal trying to pause the agreed but meagre 2.5% annual increase for public servants (nurses, teachers, police etc) for 2020. They had to go to the Industrial courts because they couldn't get it through parliament.

Doesn't affect most doctors and dentists because they are self employed however their income has taken a big hit with covid.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:12 PM

As soon as this pay rise was announced, the Labour lot had to agree it was a "good thing" but then spoilt it by jumping up and down whinging that it still wasn't enough to cover everything they'd lost since whenever. Grrrrrrrrr.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

21-07-2020, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My nephew is a dentist and his wife a GP, they don't earn a huge amount of money, they aren't millionaires.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:42 PM

It's not such a big deal after years of pay restraint.

Still, it looks like the Tories have finally cottoned-on as to who does the important jobs in society.

I'd have included retails workers and dustbin-men in the pay award. Covid-heroes all of them.

And I'd have levied an extra tax on overpaid company directors, bloated multinationals and hedge fund managers to pay for it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
It's not such a big deal after years of pay restraint.

Still, it looks like the Tories have finally cottoned-on as to who does the important jobs in society.

I'd have included retails workers and dustbin-men in the pay award. Covid-heroes all of them.

And I'd have levied an extra tax on overpaid company directors, bloated multinationals and hedge fund managers to pay for it.
Overpaid company directors rapidly become unpaid ex company directors, multinationals are run in a legal and tax efficient way and hedge fund managers have to earn their salaries and bonuses or they are out on their ear.

The refuse collection service is a vital service but the skill required especially with modular dumpsters is very low as is the physical effort and their pay should be determined by that, not the importance of the service likewise shop workers should have their pay determined by the added value they bring to the process of moving incoming goods to point of sale.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
When one thinks about all the overheads that a dentist has to pay for, even in a group practice, it takes a hell of a lot of fillings to pay the bill.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top