Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:53 AM

Re: The Blame Game

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I shall present loaves and fishes at the door of number ten; But I'm not expecting miracles. He's not Jesus is he!
I think Boris has done well under the circumstances, why don't people cut him some slack!...The BBC warned us that an apocalyptical virus of biblical proportions was heading our way, you don't need to be told by Boris or ignore advice because Cummings did....You are responsible for your health, and it's not like we haven't seen a virus before and know how best to avoid catching one. So leave Boris alone and take responsibility for your own health for a change!
Well said Foxy! We were constantly told about the potential dangers of catching this virus, so it is nobody's fault, but our own, if we caught it. It is way time that people stopped blaming the government for everything that goes wrong in their lives, and started to look after themselves!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well said Foxy! We were constantly told about the potential dangers of catching this virus, so it is nobody's fault, but our own, if we caught it. It is way time that people stopped blaming the government for everything that goes wrong in their lives, and started to look after themselves!
Thanks Twink, nice one....
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
i shall present loaves and fishes at the door of number ten; but i'm not expecting miracles. He's not jesus is he!
I think boris has done well under the circumstances, why don't people cut him some slack!...the bbc warned us that an apocalyptical virus of biblical proportions was heading our way, you don't need to be told by boris or ignore advice because cummings did....you are responsible for your health, and it's not like we haven't seen a virus before and know how best to avoid catching one. So leave boris alone and take responsibility for your own health for a change!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You are responsible for your health, and it's not like we haven't seen a virus before and know how best to avoid catching one. So leave Boris alone and take responsibility for your own health for a change!
Presumably then, Boris didn't "know how best to avoid catching one" since he (and Matt Hancock* (along with Dominic Cummings, allegedly)) caught the virus:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-story-illness

Boris Johnson tested positive for coronavirus on 27 March, after noticing mild symptoms the previous afternoon. After receiving the results, he began self-isolating and working from home.

The rumours began a week after Boris Johnson began self-isolating in the flat above No 11 Downing Street. The story, spread by the prime minister and his aides, had thus far been reassuring.

Yes, he had Covid-19. But the symptoms were nothing to worry about. Mild even. And at a time when deaths from the pandemic were continuing to climb, Johnson had a firm grip on the crisis and the machinery of power.

All of this changed on Thursday 2 April. At the lunchtime briefing for lobby correspondents, Downing Street stuck to this soothing script. The prime minister continued to have a temperature.

But, subject to medical review, there was every prospect he would be able to emerge from isolation the next day, the press was assured. Seemingly, Johnson had shaken off the virus with the same alacrity as the health secretary, Matt Hancock, back after a short interlude.

However, just over a week later on Sunday, 5 April, Mr Johnson was admitted to St Thomas’ Hospital in central London for further tests as a “precautionary step”, after his coronavirus symptoms persisted.

The following day, Monday 6 April, things took an almost Soviet turn. While the prime minister was gasping for breath, aides insisted at a lunchtime press briefing that he was busy working his way through red boxes.

At 5pm the foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, even claimed Johnson was in charge and “leading”. It appeared the government was covering up, or incompetent, or both. At 8.10pm it announced the prime minister was in critical care, saying he had asked Raab to deputise for him. The fiction of Johnson being in command had ended.

After three days in intensive care he was moved on to a general ward. Downing Street said he was in extremely good spirits and “enormously grateful” for the care he’d received.

At midday on Sunday, 12th April, he was discharged, following seven nights in hospital, three of them in intensive care.

Boris Johnson returned to work, chairing the Downing Street “war cabinet” on Monday, 27th April, stating there are signs the UK is now “passing through the peak”.
He had the best care (obviously) and "recovered" but has, patently, not been, or even looked, the same since .....

On 27 March 2020, along with Boris Johnson, Hancock himself tested positive for COVID-19.[49] He stayed in self-isolation with mild symptoms for seven days, before delivering an update on COVID-19 testing targets and on government plans to write off £13.4 billion of NHS debt.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 02:13 PM

Here we go again, another example of a large proportion of the population that are seemingly incapable of thinking for themselves so blame others for their own failings .

I didn't need the government to tell me to go into lockdown, having followed the news from China I engaged my brain and decided in early March being vulnerable I would be wise to be prepared and avoid all but essental contact with others. I am always well stocked with food and essential items.

In early March 2 weeks before lockdown I had a message from my daughter in law another person capable of thought to ask if I needed anything and to tell me she was taking the children out of school,she had stocked up and no one would be leaving the house for some time.She had also purchased PPE and arrange emergency isolation measures in the spare room should any of them become ill.

We both had a supply of masks and made more and would decided if and when to wear them, no goverment advice required.

The goverment briefings should have been used to inform us of the progression of the virus not to answer inane questions from a useless sensationalist media.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Here we go again, another example of a large proportion of the population that are seemingly incapable of thinking for themselves so blame others for their own failings .

I didn't need the government to tell me to go into lockdown, having followed the news from China I engaged my brain and decided in early March being vulnerable I would be wise to be prepared and avoid all but essental contact with others. I am always well stocked with food and essential items.

In early March 2 weeks before lockdown I had a message from my daughter in law another person capable of thought to ask if I needed anything and to tell me she was taking the children out of school,she had stocked up and no one would be leaving the house for some time.She had also purchased PPE and arrange emergency isolation measures in the spare room should any of them become ill.

We both had a supply of masks and made more and would decided if and when to wear them, no goverment advice required.

The goverment briefings should have been used to inform us of the progression of the virus not to answer inane questions from a useless sensationalist media.
Hey Meg, don't pull your punches just say it how it is....

Spot on. 👍
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Eloquently put Meg.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 03:51 PM

Coronavirus: Almost 30,000 'excess' care homes deaths

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53280011
The Office for National Statistics figures are the first to reveal the full toll on care homes, including deaths that happened in hospital.

There were just over 66,000 deaths of care home residents in England and Wales between 2 March and 12 June this year, compared to just under 37,000 deaths last year.

Covid-19 was the leading cause of death for male care home residents, accounting for a third of all deaths, and the second most-common cause of death for female residents, after dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

While 20,000 mentioned Covid-19 on the death certificate, another 10,000 of the excess deaths were registered to other, non-Covid, causes.

Previous analysis from the ONS has suggested that many of those "non-Covid" deaths could have involved undiagnosed coronavirus.

Three-quarters of these deaths occurred within the care homes themselves and a quarter were care home residents who died in hospitals.
Obviously, the government had nothing to do with their deaths - they should have taken responsibility for their own care .....

I'm sure that, if they were alive, that they'd thank Boris and his chums .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 04:22 PM

I think it has been mentioned before on here but I do wonder if some of the Countries that have fared better than us have more control over their citizens or perhaps their citizens are not as arrogant as some of ours?

look at the areas of London where the virus is on the rise again and you will know what I mean.

My only criticism of this government is that I think they are hiding the true origin of this virus.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Coronavirus: Almost 30,000 'excess' care homes deaths

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53280011

Obviously, the government had nothing to do with their deaths - they should have taken responsibility for their own care .....

I'm sure that, if they were alive, that they'd thank Boris and his chums .....
When I pay for anything up to 50 grand a year for my care Home, I'll be expecting the Care Home to manage it.

Or am I missing something?

Maybe we should call them "No Care Here Homes"?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top