Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 06:43 AM

Paying for Social Care.

Hi

At long last things are starting to move.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...or-social-care

If it works in other Countries why not here.

The money would have to be ring fenced and not go into general taxation.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 07:43 AM

Re: Paying for Social Care.

Long-delayed, long-overdue, any move in the direction of addressing this matter must be welcomed.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:08 AM

The last thing we need is higher taxes.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:09 AM

Nice one, Boris, let's kick the pensioners again. It could well become a an Olympic sport!!

We don't all have access to grossly inflated salaries, multiple homes and unlimited expenses.

Most of us are on fixed incomes and trying hard to make ends meet while the cost of living continues to rise - rapidly - and the few perks we do have are already being removed.

TV licenses for the over 75s are being withdrawn - even from those who have had them for years. Doesn't effect me as I don't have TV but for a lot of housebound people that must be a bitter blow.

Bus Passes - under threat again - as a none car owner I rely on my pass for trips to town and the occasional day out - as do a lot of others - and the cost of public transport is extortionate.

Council Tax - continues to rise while the services it pays for continue to diminish.

Price of food - continues to rise - not only the food itself but now the added cost of having it delivered due to 'lock down'. Can we blame Boris for that? Why not, he probably hoped C19 would kill off the older generation who, incidentally, have worked and earned their place in society

You want to generate some income, Boris?

Stop paying grossly inflated salaries/expenses to MPs who often cannot even be bothered to turn up to sessions in Westminster. Cap their income. Stop their expenses. Suggest they live within their means - and listen to them squeal. Few of them are there to represent 'the people' - they are there to line their own pockets - whatever political persuasion they may claim to be.

Stop Financing their second/third homes.

Stop Paying out billions in 'aid' to countries who waste it on useless projects like space travel or to buy/make weapons which can then be used against us!

Stop all immigration for at least five years. Then - make it for one generation only i.e., Man, wife, their children - not their parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, ad infinitum! Those who do come should have a job/sponsor to come to, should be able to speak the language, and should be willing to abide by our laws.

Stop all benefits to the bone idle dolites and scroungers - make them earn their keep. Benefits should be kept to support those in genuine need/hardship - assessed at regular intervals - and withdrawn if/when the need/hardship has been overcome.

Stop child allowance or, at least, restrict it to the first child only. There are enough methods of contraception available - most of them free - to satisfy even this sexually incontinent generation. Including the word 'No'!

None of the above is ever likely to happen though as we are 'governed' by wimps and morons who are too scared of their own shadows or, more likely, losing their own luxury life styles, to ever stand up and be counted.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:15 AM

Good topic Swims
Good post Tabbs
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:22 AM

Well said ST
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:25 AM

Hi

The fact remains that us oldies have not paid for our Social Care.

It needs sorting.

Other Countries have much better systems and much bigger Pensions. but they have to be paid for.

I have no intention at all of going into a Care Home, it is all about the Quality of Life and I do not expect others to pay for it.

Some of you may disagree, but in that case expect to lose your house to pay for it.

The day I can no longer wipe my own bum is the day I die.

Quickly, painlessly and with my pride intact.

I am a scientist, I have everything in place.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:28 AM

Just want to go walking the dog .
My son will take the dog .

There should be some sort of insurance in place to pay for care .
If everyone paid in surely it would be paid for by those who don’t need care .
Not everyone goes into a care home .

Perhaps more user friendly sheltered accommodation as well so that people could stay independant for longer .
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Nice one, Boris, let's kick the pensioners again. It could well become a an Olympic sport!!

We don't all have access to grossly inflated salaries, multiple homes and unlimited expenses.

Most of us are on fixed incomes and trying hard to make ends meet while the cost of living continues to rise - rapidly - and the few perks we do have are already being removed.

TV licenses for the over 75s are being withdrawn - even from those who have had them for years. Doesn't effect me as I don't have TV but for a lot of housebound people that must be a bitter blow.

Bus Passes - under threat again - as a none car owner I rely on my pass for trips to town and the occasional day out - as do a lot of others - and the cost of public transport is extortionate.

Council Tax - continues to rise while the services it pays for continue to diminish.

Price of food - continues to rise - not only the food itself but now the added cost of having it delivered due to 'lock down'. Can we blame Boris for that? Why not, he probably hoped C19 would kill off the older generation who, incidentally, have worked and earned their place in society

You want to generate some income, Boris?

Stop paying grossly inflated salaries/expenses to MPs who often cannot even be bothered to turn up to sessions in Westminster. Cap their income. Stop their expenses. Suggest they live within their means - and listen to them squeal. Few of them are there to represent 'the people' - they are there to line their own pockets - whatever political persuasion they may claim to be.

Stop Financing their second/third homes.

Stop Paying out billions in 'aid' to countries who waste it on useless projects like space travel or to buy/make weapons which can then be used against us!

Stop all immigration for at least five years. Then - make it for one generation only i.e., Man, wife, their children - not their parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, ad infinitum! Those who do come should have a job/sponsor to come to, should be able to speak the language, and should be willing to abide by our laws.

Stop all benefits to the bone idle dolites and scroungers - make them earn their keep. Benefits should be kept to support those in genuine need/hardship - assessed at regular intervals - and withdrawn if/when the need/hardship has been overcome.

Stop child allowance or, at least, restrict it to the first child only. There are enough methods of contraception available - most of them free - to satisfy even this sexually incontinent generation. Including the word 'No'!

None of the above is ever likely to happen though as we are 'governed' by wimps and morons who are too scared of their own shadows or, more likely, losing their own luxury life styles, to ever stand up and be counted.
. . . and, Prime Minister, get your party-donating chums (both private & institutional) to pay their fair share of taxes, instead of shunting their loot offshore, necessitating the rest of us having to pay more.

Not too hopeful on that one, I have to admit.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The fact remains that us oldies have not paid for our Social Care.

It needs sorting.

Other Countries have much better systems and much bigger Pensions. but they have to be paid for.

I have no intention at all of going into a Care Home, it is all about the Quality of Life and I do not expect others to pay for it.

Some of you may disagree, but in that case expect to lose your house to pay for it.

The day I can no longer wipe my own bum is the day I die.

Quickly, painlessly and with my pride intact.

I am a scientist, I have everything in place.
Perhaps we ought to save up for a one-way ticket to Dignitas? That should solve a lot of problems for us old wrinklies.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top