Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:18 PM

Nicola's breakaway dream in tatters !!

Excuse me while I have a long awaited smirk !
Nothing personal against our Scottish cousins whom I have the greatest respect for. No, it's just that arrogant, smug, anti-English SNP leader I can't stand!. How many times has she bullied and blustered to try to get her way with calling a second referendum, how disgraceful of her and her ilk to disrespect the votes of the majority of the Scottish people who voted to stay in the Union. How dare she assume that she has the right to disregard that vote and vote again to get the reply she wants..
The downside of my mirth is that it is the Scottish people who have suffered and will suffer with the downfall of the oil industry.

Well Nicola, what ammunition are you going to use now?
Revenue from North Sea Oil has plummeted by 97% !!!
that's correct, 97%. it gave Ģ60million last year, a tiny fraction of the Ģ7.5billion forecast by the SNP in the run up to the Scottish referendum.
Scotland 's deficit is so high that it would not be allowed to join the European Union even if Nicola succeeded in her threat to hold a second independence referendum.
It would be like Greece but without the sunshine !!

Of course, Nicola Sturgeon being Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP must find a scapegoat and guess what .... she blames Brexit for Scotland's woes. (nice try Nicky!).

I guess this is why the Scottish people had the good sense to remain part of the UK.
It is definitely time for Nicola to shut up, stop talking about referendums and actually try to start governing Scotland properly.

What are your views on this please? Do you feel sorry for her, Do you agree that Brexit is to blame (ho hum!) or do you think of her in the same light as me!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:23 PM

Re: Nicola's breakaway dream in tatters !!

I don't think brexit is to blame it's more to do with China I think I heard on the radio, but do I feel sorry for her ? Yes a bit it can't do Scotland of anyone else any good for such a big plummet, and we won't see it at the pumps so it seems a loss to us all.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:28 PM

Absolutely right SG, it was the Arabs that done it not the EU.
Scottish, Welsh, English and Northern Irish all bring something unique to the table and together we are strong! If only more people had the confidence to believe.....

The trouble with big business is; nobody knows what's around the corner.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:49 PM

Nicola and the SNP will never stop wanting Independence, They are Nationalists it's what they stand for and always will. That's been their goal since they day they were formed.
The Scottish National Party (SNP; Scottish Gaelic: Pārtaidh Nāiseanta na h-Alba, Scots: Scots Naitional Pairtie) is a Scottish nationalist and social-democratic political party in Scotland. The SNP supports and campaigns for Scottish independence. It is the third-largest political party by membership in the United Kingdom, as well as by overall representation in the House of Commons, behind the Labour Party and the Conservative Party, and is the largest party in Scotland, where it dominates both the Scottish Parliament and the country's parliamentary delegation to the Parliament of the United Kingdom. Its leader, Nicola Sturgeon, is the current First Minister of Scotland.

Founded in 1934 with the merger of the National Party of Scotland and the Scottish Party, the party has had continuous parliamentary representation since Winnie Ewing won the 1967 Hamilton by-election. With the advent of the Scottish Parliament in 1999, the SNP became the second largest party, serving two terms as the opposition. The SNP came to power in the 2007 Scottish general election, forming a minority government, before going on to win the 2011 election, after which it formed Scotland's first majority government.

The SNP is the largest political party in Scotland in terms of membership, reaching over 120,000 members in July 2016,[ around 2% of the Scottish population. Currently the party has 63 MSPs, 54 MPs and approximately 400 local councillors. The SNP also currently has 2 MEPs in the European Parliament, who sit in The Greens/European Free Alliance (Greens/EFA) group. The SNP is a member of the European Free Alliance (EFA). The Party does not have any members of the House of Lords in accordance with party policy.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 01:01 PM

She"s a very bossy wee lassie.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 01:09 PM

it's just that arrogant, smug, anti-English SNP leader I can't stand!.
She has hundreds of thousands of followers, just as smug, just as anti-English....and I can't stand any of 'em !
Edited to remove smiley
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 01:11 PM

Aye, she has to be Apricot, She's so tiny, This is my daughter with her at a dinner. She's actually very nice and a real hoot away from Politics.

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 01:12 PM

she really needs to update her wardrobe too
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
She has hundreds of thousands of followers, just as smug, just as anti-English....and I can't stand any of 'em !
Thanks Malcom, so nice of you to judge us all.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Nothing personal against our Scottish cousins whom I have the greatest respect for. No, it's just that arrogant, smug, anti-English SNP leader I can't stand!.
I can't stand the Ms Smug, either .....

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top