Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 10:14 PM

Re: Tough Cookie

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Me too,CoffeeCake...I can stay as cool as a cucumber as well,
I dont think you are a tougth cookie pauline? You think to

much of others?
Tougth coockies only think of themselves!

Regards Donkeyman!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I dont think you are a tougth cookie pauline? You think to

much of others?
Tougth coockies only think of themselves!

Regards Donkeyman!

What a lovely thing to say,thank you,Donkeyman.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 10:32 PM

Hi

A loaded question.

One which can only be asked by someone never in the Frontline.

You protect the innocent, a hard call.

It is against your nature to kill, sometimes you have to to protect innocents.

You have to live with that.

A totally different scenario to someone using your Parking Space.

Parking Space?

Sod off, block me in again and your car will be trashed.

Simple, effective and understandable.

Ask nicely and if I am not going out, no problem at all.

Just clean up afterwards.

If I am going out, just give me time to swap the cars around.

That is being a Good Neighbour.

I do not stand on Ceremony.

There is a huge difference between me and you Pauline.

I let the little things go.

Pose an immediate risk to others and I am horrible.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 10:41 PM

Hello SW.

I would rather put up an anti ram parking bollard.

Than to tell my neighbour,..to sod off,block me in again and I will trash your car.

the bollard,is doing its job and I can park in my space after work,

The reason I know it's doing its job is.

My son hit it!.

Edit to add,in all honesty SW,you really don't know the whole story,as of to why the bollard is there in the first place.

So not sure what you mean when you say,you let the little things go?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 11:31 PM

I'm not a tough cookie, I'm way too soft, probably for my own good but as long as I have people around me who love and care for the person I am I'm not worried what others think really.

All this self moderated, mod moderated stuff, I haven't got a clue what it means really but I have to say I have no idea why it gets up peoples noses, I personally couldn't give a stuff where it's posted as long as I can read it

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me why it matters, sorry, butI'm blonde yanno

I'm getting the feeling in here lately that people are picking on Pauline and I really don't like it at all.

If people don't like her posts just block her?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 12:22 AM

What was the question again? Seems like we've been sidetracked by religion issues yet again!

Ah yes. Am I a tough cookie? Mentally or physically?
I'd say that yes I will always defend myself if I believe I am right about something. I will also stand up for my family without fail and help a friend in a difficult situation.
I'm not too good at dealing with stressful situations or a woman scorned.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 04:51 AM

My mate's mum brought him and his two sisters up on her own.Cleaning during the day and served in the chip shop in the evenings.Had to walk or catch a bus.She also had her aged father living with them.Never moaned and always cheerful.Lived to over 90.I think she qualified as tough.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

18-06-2019, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm not a tough cookie, I'm way too soft, probably for my own good but as long as I have people around me who love and care for the person I am I'm not worried what others think really.

All this self moderated, mod moderated stuff, I haven't got a clue what it means really but I have to say I have no idea why it gets up peoples noses, I personally couldn't give a stuff where it's posted as long as I can read it

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me why it matters, sorry, butI'm blonde yanno

I'm getting the feeling in here lately that people are picking on Pauline and I really don't like it at all.

If people don't like her posts just block her?

LQ,..from what I read of your posts,..no one pulls the wool over your eyes,

I don't believe anyone is picking on me LQ,..some of us,have very "strong" beliefs/opinions.

I find most of your posts extremely insightful,..you are very much in touch with yourself,..you once opened a OP.titled,
Empath!...you certainly are!..a very precious gift.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

18-06-2019, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
My mate's mum brought him and his two sisters up on her own.Cleaning during the day and served in the chip shop in the evenings.Had to walk or catch a bus.She also had her aged father living with them.Never moaned and always cheerful.Lived to over 90.I think she qualified as tough.
Psmith,Indeed this lady ,bringing a family up as a single parent,is not an easy task,then the added pressure of having to go out to work.as a single parent,

She sounds like she is a very strong lady indeed,by keeping her family altogether,...that could not have been easy.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

18-06-2019, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What was the question again? Seems like we've been sidetracked by religion issues yet again!

Ah yes. Am I a tough cookie? Mentally or physically?
I'd say that yes I will always defend myself if I believe I am right about something. I will also stand up for my family without fail and help a friend in a difficult situation.
I'm not too good at dealing with stressful situations or a woman scorned.

With all due respect,Ffloydy,I usually post religious threads in the rightful section.

Quite a few threads get sidetracked,..some wander off sometimes into,discussing about exercise , I have seen quite a few threads,where this has happened ,You are one of the first to jump in,on giving advise,as on how to stretch/ flex those muscles,maybe that could be classed as a type of religion?.

So each to their own,don't you think,..like finding a balance.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top