Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:01 PM

Re: Talking

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Do you talk to the plants Apparently a study revealed talking to your plants make them grow, wonder how that works?
Not in the way you mean, I'm more inclined to pick up a pot with a plant that's not looking too happy and go hhhmmmm. Or threaten to to bin it if it doesn't grow.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Not in the way you mean, I'm more inclined to pick up a pot with a plant that's not looking too happy and go hhhmmmm. Or threaten to to bin it if it doesn't grow.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:06 PM

Didn't ..Prince Charles,..talk to his plants?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:15 PM

I’m not talking to myself at the moment, I’ve had an argument and we’re not talking....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I’m not talking to myself at the moment, I’ve had an argument and we’re not talking....

So funny,Primus,that really made me laugh!..
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't really talk to myself but I have been known to yell out expletives if I've stubbed my toe!
Been there. Done that!
Talk to myself. I don't.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

18-06-2019, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Been there. Done that!
Talk to myself. I don't.
Just think what you are missing out on.?

You could talk to each other about mathematics,..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:37 PM

My daughter did this experiment that was first done by this Chinese or Japanese bloke...

She half filled two jam jars with water and rice...
On one she labelled it as the love jar and on the other she labelled it the hate jar......

Each day she would take the love jar and tell it how much she loved it and tell it nice things....

She would then take the hate jar and swear at it telling it how awful it was and that she hated it....

After one month the love jar still contained fresh water with beautiful white clean rice....

The hate jar had turned black and smelly......

You might find this hard to believe, but I saw it happen with my own eyes. The experiment seems to show how bad feeling and hateful thoughts can produce bad vibes that destroy and corrupt....

Whereas encouraging words of love and affection seem to stimulate growth and purity.....Could this be the reason why talking to plants could produce happy flourishing plants...And does it work on humans?

Could watching violent and aggressive movies actually have an effect on the viewer?
I can provide more information concerning the inventor and his experiment if anyone is interested.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

18-06-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My daughter did this experiment that was first done by this Chinese or Japanese bloke...

On one she labelled it as the love jar and on the other she labelled it the hate jar......

Each day she would take the love jar and tell it how much she loved it and tell it nice things....

She would then take the hate jar and swear at it telling it how awful it was and that she hated it....

After one month the love jar still contained fresh water with beautiful white clean rice....

You might find this hard to believe, but I saw it happen with my own eyes. The experiment seems to show how bad feeling and hateful thoughts can produce bad vibes that destroy and corrupt....

Whereas encouraging words of love and affection seem to stimulate growth and purity.....Could this be the reason why talking to plants could produce happy flourishing plants...And does it work on humans?

Could watching violent and aggressive movies actually have an effect on the viewer?
I can provide more information concerning the inventor and his experiment if anyone is interested.....

What a really interesting post,OGF,..would like more information please.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Wow Foxy, this is very interesting.

That must have been fascinating to see

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top