Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
CandyCrunch
USA
CandyCrunch is female  CandyCrunch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 04:39 PM

Re: I Don’t Suppose Anyone Knows What This Plant Is?

I just posted what Google showed when I ran the image. I hope you all can discover what it is!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Oddly enough when I look up tall field buttercup it looks like this the first 2 pictures

When I look at the link for some reason I got a link for marijuana

Field buttercup
Attachment 9921

Attachment 9922

Link picture
Ok, Bratti, if it’s marijuana, do you want to buy some or can you push a bit for me?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by CandyCrunch ->
I just posted what Google showed when I ran the image. I hope you all can discover what it is!
Candy, l do honestly, appreciate your help and investigations. I also appreciate everyone else’s help too.
It might be best when the flowers comes out.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-06-2019, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Is it possible to get a clearer picture?
I can’t see the texture of the leaves so can’t tell if they are smooth or jagged. Ok never mind. I looked at the other pictures you added and it’s got smooth leaves. My guess is that it’s a very unhealthy rhododendron like Mups says.
Bratti, lt would be great if you and Mups are right as l love Rhododendrons and Azaleas.

About three of mine have died for no reason lately but this mystery plant wasn’t growing anywhere near them.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ok, Bratti, if it’s marijuana, do you want to buy some or can you push a bit for me?

It looks a bit straggly for my liking.

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 05:55 PM

Here’s a close up of healthy Azalea leaves

As well as an unhealthy Rhododendron.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	0ECB4F74-0D62-439F-990A-701D16CA8FF1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	9925   Click image for larger version

Name:	E9713D6C-DCC2-4751-A194-76932DB8F54D.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	9926  
Juna
New Member!
South UK
Juna is female 

19-06-2019, 05:56 PM

I don’t think it’s been identified correctly yet. Artangel, perhaps you could put up another photo when the bud opens. By the way, do you feed seed to the birds?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Juna ->
I don’t think it’s been identified correctly yet. Artangel, perhaps you could put up another photo when the bud opens. By the way, do you feed seed to the birds?
No l don’t feed the birds, Juna. I did once and had rats dancing on my lawn and climbing up the bird station thing!
The pest control man told me not to feed the birds as it attracted the rats.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 08:38 PM

Art, can I have some info please?
How did you come by this plant?

Did you dig it up from somewhere, and pot it up yourself?
If so, when was that?
I ask because I am wondering how long it has been potted. Was it only this year or has it over-wintered in that pot?

Has it grown much, or was it that size in the first place?

At the mo, I still think it looks like the Rhodedenron/Azalea family, but I'm still thinking as something is not quite right.

One last question please.
What is it planted in? - Garden soil? Multipurpose? Ericaceous? John Innes? Or none of those?

Thanks.

P.S. You say three other of your Rhode's are dying.
That seems too much of a coincidence to lose three together.
May I ask whether they in tubs or in the ground, and are they young plants or huge old established ones please?
Ta muchly.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-06-2019, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Art, can I have some info please?
How did you come by this plant?

Did you dig it up from somewhere, and pot it up yourself?
If so, when was that?
I ask because I am wondering how long it has been potted. Was it only this year or has it over-wintered in that pot?

Has it grown much, or was it that size in the first place?

At the mo, I still think it looks like the Rhodedenron/Azalea family, but I'm still thinking as something is not quite right.

One last question please.
What is it planted in? - Garden soil? Multipurpose? Ericaceous? John Innes? Or none of those?

Thanks.

P.S. You say three other of your Rhode's are dying.
That seems too much of a coincidence to lose three together.
May I ask whether they in tubs or in the ground, and are they young plants or huge old established ones please?
Ta muchly.
Hi Mups, l will answer as accurately as I can.
I found it growing in the soil in my garden, probably, a year ago. It was tiny.
I dug it up, put it in Bloom’s the garden centre, own brand multipurpose compost, in a pot.
I kept it in the greenhouse but recently, l took it out to keep it nearer the house so that l could water and feed it regularly. It seems to have grown really quickly to the size it is now.

The Rhododendrons and Azalias that have died were in the ground, in an area where there are lots of trees behind them.

Two were here when l came to live here. The lady who planted them. had lived here for about ten years. The other three were ones l planted within the last fourteen years. I saved another, a small one and that’s in a pot in the greenhouse.
Alongside them is a ‘Harry Lauder’s Walking Stick’ Corylus Hazel that has really gone a bit wild. Whether or not, that has sapped all the goodness out of the ground, l don’t know?

I hope this can help you, to help me!

PS. I have just found a pic of when they were alive...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	51C26D65-7811-40DC-9B9E-E114FD9CFDFC.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	9933  

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top