Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 08:11 PM

Re: Have you ever dealt with disordered eating?

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I heard something very interesting the other day , a woman who has been constantly dieting all her life and always regained the weight said , when your thin and dieting you feel in control and attractive , you love yourself and sparkle with being alive and attractive , clothes look amazing on you because your slim , but as time goes on and the weight returns as it always does , you become your self the person who you really are , yet while your dieting you are not really you .

I've done this for 52 yrs I was a chubby from a chubby family , I disliked myself , always have hated the chubby me . I loved being slim but often overdid it and ended up too thin , yet I thought I looked great . Over the years the weight has come and gone , life time membership of weight watchers and other groups .

Some of us are naturally chubby I think ,
I sincerely believe that dieting makes you fat. I know it did me. I'm 54 and completely tired of busting my rear trying to keep the weight off. I do my best to eat healthy foods and pretty much leave it at that.

My problem is when I lose weight and become thin, it's never thin enough. When people were telling me I was so skinny I looked ill, I still thought I was fat.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Linda it was omeprazole which caused me no end of trouble, that's what started it all!
Yes, I've heard omeprazole can cause people a lot of problems. If you don't mind my asking, what sort of trouble are you having because of it?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 08:37 PM

I was having uncontrollable diarrhoea, I mean after less than five minutes of eating anything! I had loads of investigations even swallowing a radioactive pill to find out what was wrong. Lots of bowel cancer in my family. This went on for over 18 months.
It turned out to be omeprazole, even esomeprazole which was tried too. I had to stop taking them gradually, half a tablet at a time over weeks otherwise I got blood and acid coming up.
I lived on porridge and rice and even that was dodgy, lots loads of weight.
Azz did a thread on pump inhibitors but I can't find it, apparently they destroy the good bacteria in your gut, if I remember rightly.

The thing was I wasn't put on them for acid reflux but because my diaphragm kept jumping and I was going for an op on my foot so the doc put me on them to control it.
Now I have acid reflux!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:14 PM

Wow, sorry they caused you so much trouble. The thing is, they're not meant to be taken long term. However, my cousin, who also has digestive issues, takes one every day. I only need them every 2-3 days. But if I go longer and forget to take one, my heartburn comes back.

I don't understand why a doc would put you on that med for a foot op????
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 10:57 PM

They had to stop my diaphragm jumping I suppose begore they would operate, they delayed it until I said it was better.
Linda0818
USA

02-09-2018, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
They had to stop my diaphragm jumping I suppose begore they would operate, they delayed it until I said it was better.
Well that's different
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 02:47 AM

This is such an interesting thread. I am still keeping up with it and learning much along the way.....
Linda0818
USA

02-09-2018, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
This is such an interesting thread. I am still keeping up with it and learning much along the way.....
Fell free to chime in with anything you may have.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Fell free to chime in with anything you may have.
Thank you Linda
Linda0818
USA

02-09-2018, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Thank you Linda
Bitte
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->

My problem is when I lose weight and become thin, it's never thin enough. When people were telling me I was so skinny I looked ill, I still thought I was fat
Yes I believed this too . At one time I was 8 and a half stone
I loved it , clothes were loose on me and I loved the fact I could buy a size 12 , I loved the feeling of being thin , but and this is a big one , what I saw in the mirror was FAT , so I'd not eat properly till I thought I was thinner . Also remember when you've lost the lbs you have left over skin which hangs around it doesn't just melt away , yet I was active too . Body dismorfia is awful .

Now I'm a chubby again , even at my age not liking what I see , but I've done it all so many times I can't go there again , so I'm trying to be active eat healthy and keep as well as I can , I don't want to be thin any more .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top