Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 08:58 AM

Re: Hippo Cull

Originally Posted by summer ->
Actually Twink that is so true...I know saying this might sound controversial but maybe its time we added contraceptives to the water supply in some areas of the world. Sounds like a Stephen King novel doesn't it...but drastic measures will be needed soon.

Poor Hippos
Like the UK, you mean ? £65 million and rising !
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 09:04 AM

What needs to be done (IMO) is to make Trophy Hunting illegal . At least the massive amount of $$$'s wouldn't be an incentive then . That is a disgusting industry only for people who have so much money, they don't know how to spend it and the operators are callous and cold .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Like the UK, you mean ? £65 million and rising !
Average birth rate per woman in the UK is 1.8.average birth rate per woman in Nigeria as an example is 7.8....I'm not saying enforced contraception is the answer but something has to happen some solution had to be found.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

19-05-2019, 09:15 AM

Average birth rate per woman in the UK is 1.8.average birth rate per woman in Nigeria as an example is 7.8....I'm not saying enforced contraception is the answer but something has to happen some solution had to be found.
Probably right, but China had the one child policy for years and then lifted it and of course they now are moving into Africa as possible overspill territory.
When making that sort of decision, it has to affect the whole world not just certain countries.
Who makes the decisions in such matters.. ? Maybe that's where world government would succeed.
Don't know what the answer is to population, but I'm darn sure the animals will win.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 09:23 AM

What needs to be done (IMO) is to make Trophy Hunting illegal . At least the massive amount of $$$'s wouldn't be an incentive then . That is a disgusting industry only for people who have so much money, they don't know how to spend it and the operators are callous and cold .

I agree with you, Puddles. Like Chris Packham said - " it's large amounts of money going into small number of pockets."

I can't see them turning that down.
If it's not the Hippo's, it will be the lions, elephants, deer, badgers . . . there is always something else man wants to kill.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:08 AM

The cull was due to start this month but as it is supposedly to take place over a five year period , it might be possible to stop it by signing the petition and making a comment.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-g...pos-in-zambia/
Signed thank you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:10 AM

Actually Twink that is so true...I know saying this might sound controversial but maybe its time we added contraceptives to the water supply in some areas of the world. Sounds like a Stephen King novel doesn't it...but drastic measures will be needed soon.

Poor Hippos
I don't think that is controversial at all. It is long overdue. Only idiots continue having children when there is no food or water.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 11:12 AM

The cull was due to start this month but as it is supposedly to take place over a five year period , it might be possible to stop it by signing the petition and making a comment.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-g...pos-in-zambia/
Just signed petition! Thanks for giving me the link PD
I appreciate it!

Regards Donkeyman!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't think that is controversial at all. It is long overdue. Only idiots continue having children when there is no food or water.
The problem is that all humans will be short of food i n the not too distant future so we will take more ground that other creatures need. All creatures need other creatures to survive....like how would our crops be fertilized without insects yet they expect many insects to be our main source of protein in the future.
I wonder how many other creatures depend on hippos to help them survive? It is only humans that damage the way we all need other species of life to help each other..... even if they don't knowingly help
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-05-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The problem is that all humans will be short of food i n the not too distant future so we will take more ground that other creatures need. All creatures need other creatures to survive....like how would our crops be fertilized without insects yet they expect many insects to be our main source of protein in the future.
I wonder how many other creatures depend on hippos to help them survive? It is only humans that damage the way we all need other species of life to help each other..... even if they don't knowingly help
I agree, man has to be the boss of everything when in reality we have only scratched the surface of what we know. There are too many people on the planet and I'm certain that will be what wipes us out long before climate change or plastic bags.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top