Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 09:12 PM

Re: Thieving Vet

That's utterly despicable
I can't believe it happened, for one

And that the human bitch isn't doing time for it, for another!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 09:23 PM

I can't find the link for the article I read, but there are plenty of others.
Here's one for you, although this one says one puppy was stolen, and I read that 2 were:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...YING-home.html
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 09:33 PM

wow, I haven't heard about that till now. That's just scandalous and that vet should be struck off the thieving sod.

I too wouldn't have let it rest, wow, we can't even trust vets now, whatever next.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:50 PM

That's terrible, the vet should be struck off immediately.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's terrible, the vet should be struck off immediately.

Yes, I thought so too, Mags.

I'd like to know what her ex-employers put on her reference when they got rid of her.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How's this for an extraordinary thing I read in a Sunday paper yesterday.

A woman had taken her pregnant bitch into her vet for a caesarean, as the dog had started to whelp but ran into problems.

It seems the bitch was carrying 6 puppies, but only 4 were given back to the owner, and told the other two had died.

A week later, the truth came out.
The vet and her assistant had stolen 1 puppy each and told the owner only 4 were delivered alive!
This was a Vet from the "Vets Now" chain of 60 surgeries.

Apparently other staff had overheard the vet stating her intentions, but no one had taken it seriously.
These were French Bulldogs with a value of up to £2,000 each.

One of the stolen newborns died, and when she was found out, the other one was returned to the dogs owner.

Although the Surgery sacked this woman, the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons have not stopped her from practicing, just given her a 6 month ban from working.

Made me wonder how many other clients she had done this too as well?
The dog's owner said the police didn't really want to know!

If this woman had done that to me or one of my dogs, I would certainly not let that rest there.

I wouldn't either,Mups,some of these so called proffesionals think they are above the law,...I would get all the help and advice from the CAB,and wouldn't rest until she got her comeuppance ,..I can assure you I would not give up at the "first"! hurdle,...which are the police in this instance,..some of them are corrupt!,can you imagine what some get away with,..because so many people give up!.they just don't want the hassle!.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 04:31 PM

Regardless of the abject illegality of it, I've just no idea how a vet thought a new born pup could possibly thrive without it's mum to nurture it... Quite a disgraceful episode, and I hope she never works again..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-05-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Regardless of the abject illegality of it, I've just no idea how a vet thought a new born pup could possibly thrive without it's mum to nurture it... Quite a disgraceful episode, and I hope she never works again..

I agree Barry.

I suppose it is possible either she herself had a lactating bitch she thought might take an extra pup, or knew someone that had one, and also if a 'Mum' dies giving birth some puppies can be hand reared too.
However, still nothing detracts from the contemptable deceipt, sheer dishonesty, and theft by a professional entrusted with someone's animal.

I cannot understand the RCVS's attitude either.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top