Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 12:07 PM

Re: A donkey's plight

I love going to the Sidmouth donkey sanctuary. We go at least once a year & I always give a donation as it's free to visit.
Some of the donkeys we saw last year. I'd recommend a visit, it's a lovely place.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040489(1).jpg
Views:	69
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	9724   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040467(1).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	9725   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040495.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	9726  
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I love going to the Sidmouth donkey sanctuary. We go at least once a year & I always give a donation as it's free to visit.
Some of the donkeys we saw last year. I'd recommend a visit, it's a lovely place.
They look nice and fat Tiffany?
Do they get enough exercise?

Regards Donkeyman!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The lady I worked for adopted Abigale from the sanctuary at Sidmouth, she was hard work .

I have told the story before about when I lived in Lancashire and tied Abi up to give her a bath (to prevent lice).
Somehow she pulled free and shot down the lane and onto the road covered in shampoo.
I ran behind her trying to catch up and she ran straight through the half barrier at Pilkingtons Glass Research Laboratory where I could not follow

I felt such a fool, the Security Guard came and accompanied me to where Abi was calmly eating the flower beds. By this time hundreds of office staff were watching from the windows.

That made me laugh although probably not very funny at the time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I live in the New Forest and here there are lots of donkeys roaming free. The thing that amuses many of we living here are the attempts made by some people to get them to move off a road. Ponies and cattle will stand in the middle of the road and if a car wants to pass, wind down the window and bang on the side of the door. This is usually enough to get them to move out of the way but if a donkey decides to stand in the middle of the road there is no amount of banging and cursing will make it move. If it wants to stay put it will stay put and the motorist will have to find a way around it. I have seen people get out of their cars and try pushing it, slapping it on it,s rear, shouting. clapping their hands to frighten it but all to no avail. "If I want to stand in the middle of the road then I will stand in the middle of the road". Wonderful animals!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I live in the New Forest and here there are lots of donkeys roaming free. The thing that amuses many of we living here are the attempts made by some people to get them to move off a road. Ponies and cattle will stand in the middle of the road and if a car wants to pass, wind down the window and bang on the side of the door. This is usually enough to get them to move out of the way but if a donkey decides to stand in the middle of the road there is no amount of banging and cursing will make it move. If it wants to stay put it will stay put and the motorist will have to find a way around it. I have seen people get out of their cars and try pushing it, slapping it on it,s rear, shouting. clapping their hands to frighten it but all to no avail. "If I want to stand in the middle of the road then I will stand in the middle of the road". Wonderful animals!
Nice of you to say so! Donkeyman!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
They look nice and fat Tiffany?
Do they get enough exercise?

Regards Donkeyman!
They don't, as far as I know get exercised in the way you mean, ridden or driven, they roam the fields & have a lovely relaxed life, most are retired so too old to work, but they all get very well looked after.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top