Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 11:52 AM

Re: TV News: What channel do you watch?

I flick between the BBC News and Sky News.

When the adverts come on Sky, I flick (one button set up for that very purpose!) to the BBC.

When BBC football comes on, I flick to Sky.

Having said that, I fully realise how politically biased the BBC is. However, I am not stupid enough to be influenced by that!

I might try what Mr Magoo says, though, and record Ch4 News, then skip through all the adverts. Is Ch4 News fairly unbiased?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 11:59 AM

The trouble with the News is that it is the same all day long, so the earlier you get up, he more you hear the same stories.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:09 PM

The only TV News I watch regularly is BBC's "Beyond 100 Days" with Christian Fraser and (the rather strict) Katty Kay .....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:17 PM

I only ever watch Piers Morgan on TV News, I like his say it as it is attitude. I read BBC News and our Local Huddersfield Examiner news on the internet. I never watch sky news
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by floydy ->
i didn't particularly like piers morgan until recently as i thought he was very much full of his own ego (which he is) but he can back it up. What makes him brilliant at his job is that he has common sense and isn't afraid to speak his mind.
We need more people around like that who are practical with their thoughts. Nigel farage is the same and so is columnist richard littlejohn. Even jeremy clarkson. People like this get things done and it's a shame our government don't comprise more politicians like them. Everybody is too pc these days.
Radical and maverick in their views but they are usually correct.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 02:14 PM

I watch Sky and BBC News and hop between both to escape sports reports. If sport is on both, I'll go to RT or Al Jazeera. These aren't as might be thought. Quite good general news channels in fact ..and no sport.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I never watch the news.
Why not?

Do you vote?
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 03:59 PM

BBC I can't get any other
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 05:56 PM

I'm afraid I've never got on with ITV's Good Morning.

Apart from the fact that I can't stand Piers Morgan, the commercial breaks are annoying.

I like the presenters on BBC Breakfast a lot, in particular, Naga Munchetty and Dan Walker. Naga is so intelligent, and zooms in on the nitty gritty in her repartit both with Dan, and with Charlie Stayte, whom I also like. She's so funny! She can convey so much in just a withering glance!

Dan Walker was instrumental in getting Tony Foulds' dedication to the monument to the American airmen killed in a crash in a park in Sheffield recognised.

And then there's Carol Kirkwood with the weather...... she's so cheerful!

No, it's Breakfast for me every time!

As regards the other news, I do tend to default to BBC, but I do sometimes watch the ITV news bulletins.

The BBC News channel is useful too, especially if I want to keep being informed about something really important that's unfolding. Some of the interviews on there are good, too.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 09:16 PM

The one news channel I never watch, is CH4. It's because of that smary Jon Snow, and his creepy sidekick "Gunner Murphy" . If needs must, it'll be BBC1, but even then, it's on sufferance!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top