Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 02:48 PM

Re: TV News: What channel do you watch?

The Daily Politics (as was), This Week (Andrew Neil is Britain's finest politics interviewer, and has been for a long time - but few people seem to have noticed)
The Left-wing Channel 4 News.
Newsnight
Meet The Press
Real Time With Bill Maher
John Oliver's Show
CNN (some of it)
Used to love Bill O'Reilly (Fox) when it was on.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 03:51 PM

I like ITV for the Six o Clock News, but that's because it gives you your local News as well as the main stuff.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 08:30 PM

I tend to listen to LBC if I want to get an idea of the main news stories. Otherwise it's watching BBC for the big stories. Every news channel is going to be biased in some way.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I tend to watch whatever is on really although in the morning I normally watch the BBC as opposed to ITV because I can't stand the adverts and the competition every five minutes, otherwise I would prefer to watch Piers Morgan.
I feel sorry for people like you who have to sit the progs in real time.

I have Sky+ and don't have to waste my time sitting through all the ads, bumf and tedious bits.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I feel sorry for people like you who have to sit the progs in real time.

I have Sky+ and don't have to waste my time sitting through all the ads, bumf and tedious bits.
Me too.

I record everything I intend to watch so that I can quickly skip through the adverts.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 12:17 AM

I never watch the news in the morning I prefer to watch the good looking chicks on Heartbeat, The Royal and Murder She Wrote, ..
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 06:37 AM

06:37 and I'm watching BBC Breakfast, liking the "News Travel & Weather wherever you are" most.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 06:42 AM

Multitasking, OFFing, tea drinking, I might switch to the Food Channel for a taste of Anna Olson or Barefoot Contessa.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 11:15 AM

I thought I'd make a list of the programmes I put on to record from 23 to 31 May (as I have ticked them in a TV magazine):

BBC1 - 2
BBC2 - 2
ITV - 5
Ch4 - 3
Ch5 - 2
BBC4 - 2
Talking Pictures - 4

Only twenty programmes in a week. Not that many really.

Only six of them are from the BBC and, to be honest, if the TV Tax was only charged for watching BBC programmes I'd be perfectly happy not to watch any of those.

Looking at this from a different perspective, that would total about 1,040 programmes per year.

The TV Tax amounts to £155 per year, so each of my 1,040 programmes costs me £6.71 to watch, although in fairness I might look at the TV news programmes quite regularly as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I'm afraid I've never got on with ITV's Good Morning.

Apart from the fact that I can't stand Piers Morgan, the commercial breaks are annoying.

I like the presenters on BBC Breakfast a lot, in particular, Naga Munchetty and Dan Walker. Naga is so intelligent, and zooms in on the nitty gritty in her repartit both with Dan, and with Charlie Stayte, whom I also like. She's so funny! She can convey so much in just a withering glance!

Dan Walker was instrumental in getting Tony Foulds' dedication to the monument to the American airmen killed in a crash in a park in Sheffield recognised.

And then there's Carol Kirkwood with the weather...... she's so cheerful!

No, it's Breakfast for me every time!

As regards the other news, I do tend to default to BBC, but I do sometimes watch the ITV news bulletins.

The BBC News channel is useful too, especially if I want to keep being informed about something really important that's unfolding. Some of the interviews on there are good, too.
Although I complain about the political bias of the BBC, I still find it best for genuine information when an event is unfolding. If it's on the BBC you can be pretty sure it's not fake; unlike sites like AOL, the Express etc who simply make things up.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top