Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 06:13 AM

The New Prime Minister

Hi

So many making promises.

The reality.

The new leader will be chosen when Parliament is in recess for the Summer Holidays.

They return in the first week in September then stop again for Party Conference time.

This gives a maximum of 30 working days to renegotiate the Deal with the EU and pass the legislation necessary for us to leave on 31st October.

I do not believe in miracles.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 12:41 PM

Re: The New Prime Minister

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

So many making promises.

The reality.

The new leader will be chosen when Parliament is in recess for the Summer Holidays.

They return in the first week in September then stop again for Party Conference time.

This gives a maximum of 30 working days to renegotiate the Deal with the EU and pass the legislation necessary for us to leave on 31st October.

I do not believe in miracles.
You know there will be no renegotiations. Tusk, juncker and barnier are still around, they cannot renege on their previous statements.

The need to pass legislation in the UK comes second. International law at present says you leave oktober 31. Come that day, you are out.
If a deal is passed, and there is only one deal, you are out with a transition period. No deal, well, you know the scenario.

To avoid that, and without revoking A50, you have to request another extension. Not for negotiating another deal, that is not on, but for elections or referendum, the question by tusk will be: you have wasted 7 months that could have been used for just that. What is there to garantee you will not again start fighting amongst each other like little children?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 01:43 PM

Newspapers report the Conservative Party has said the next Prime Minister will be announced in the week beginning July 22nd.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Newspapers report that the Conservative Party has said
the next Prime Minister will be announced in the week beginning July 22nd.
I'm on the edge of my seat.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Newspapers report the Conservative Party has said the next Prime Minister will be announced in the week beginning July 22nd.
I hope it's Nigel Farage
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I hope it's Nigel Farage
Me too.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Me too.
Only option!
Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You know there will be no renegotiations. Tusk, juncker and barnier are still around, they cannot renege on their previous statements.

The need to pass legislation in the UK comes second. International law at present says you leave oktober 31. Come that day, you are out.
If a deal is passed, and there is only one deal, you are out with a transition period. No deal, well, you know the scenario.

To avoid that, and without revoking A50, you have to request another extension. Not for negotiating another deal, that is not on, but for elections or referendum, the question by tusk will be: you have wasted 7 months that could have been used for just that. What is there to garantee you will not again start fighting amongst each other like little children?
All that you say above is likely! Which, as you yourself say
leaves us with my favourite option of NO DEAL!

Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 03:19 PM

According to the Colchester Gazette, there will be no strawberries after Brexit.

Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 04:20 PM

Yes the Spanish will prefer to let their crops rot.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top