Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 08:33 AM

Re: When is the last time you went into Dorothy Perkins?

Dorothy Perkins is within Debenhams here - or it was the last time I went in Debs. I don’t like the store at all, it seems very old fashioned and very much like the old Jones store that was there before them.

Wallis and Top Shop used to be incorporated with BHS before they closed down a few years ago.

I quite like Matalan now, always seem to find something I like in there.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 08:42 AM

I can't remember, I think they had a little corner of our local Co-op along with Bon Marche and Rectella. I don't like their clothes anyway.

Charity shops, Edinburgh Wool Mill sale rails, Primark, Ebay are usual for me. I did like Cotton Traders when they were doing comfy clothes, now they are getting trendy and their catalogue has a very wrinkly man in it, there is a nice bearded one too though...

I like clothes that cover my bum and also tops with sleeves and not bootleg rubbish trews!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:01 AM

I thought Dorothy Perkins was for teenagers likewise Top Shop and having seen the content of the windows have not been in .

Other shops in the Arcadia group...
Burton and Top man for men, Evans for overweight people, Miss Selfridge for teenagers Wallis for cheap tat, none of them are for me.

I have been in Debenhams in its better days and I liked BHS for homeware and lighting.

I used to like Beaties and Cavendish house which went downhill when they became house of Frazer .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I can't remember, I think they had a little corner of our local Co-op along with Bon Marche and Rectella. I don't like their clothes anyway.

Charity shops, Edinburgh Wool Mill sale rails, Primark, Ebay are usual for me. I did like Cotton Traders when they were doing comfy clothes, now they are getting trendy and their catalogue has a very wrinkly man in it, there is a nice bearded one too though...

I like clothes that cover my bum and also tops with sleeves and not bootleg rubbish trews!
I don't think he is for sale though, TessA!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:12 AM

I can't remember the last time I went into a proper clothes shop.

I've always considered DP overpriced, Top Shop too young (for me) and Wallis too old.

However I did buy my wedding outfit from Wallis and I was pleased with it even if it was a bit expensive.

I got Debenhams gift vouchers for Christmas and ended up buying a jacket I didn't really need just to spend the vouchers before Debenhams went bust. I'm sure it won't be long now before it does.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:55 AM

I have a problem with Edinburgh Woolen Mill blouses/tops. If I buy my proper size (14) the sleeves are too skinny. If I buy something on which the sleeves fit - the rest hangs like rent a tent. Shames - because I quite like their clothes.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Dorothy Perkins? About a 100 years ago, I reckon.
More recently than I, then. I don't do high street shopping.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 10:54 AM

When my local one shut down last year. I was right fed up because I really liked DP and while I know I can order online it's just not the same as browsing in the shop and trying clothes on
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 01:44 PM

I buy most of my clothing from the supermarkets. Haven't been in a DP for years. Don't even know where there is one.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 01:50 PM

Into the shop ?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top