Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 08:46 AM

Have You Ever Given Someone The Wrong Directions?

The other week, a respectable looking man stopped me in the street and asked me directions to the Law Courts.
I gave him directions and joked, ‘Are you on trial then?’
He looked at me oddly, then realised l was only joking. He laughed and said, ‘No, l’m not!’

I walked away smiling to myself when l realised l had given him the wrong directions. I had told him to turn left at the very end of the road when it should have been turn right!

I tried to go after him but he was too far ahead, l would have had to wait ages for the lights to let me cross at a busy junction. So l just had to let him go the wrong way.
I felt so guilty and hoped he eventually got there ok.

So l ask, are you good at giving directions or rubbish like me? Have you ever accidentally given someone the wrong directions and felt really guilty?
Some people give the wrong directions on purpose!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 08:54 AM

Re: Have You Ever Given Someone The Wrong Directions?

I'm good with directions, got a built in compass. Now nobody ever asks, they've all the map app in hand.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 08:57 AM

Yes Art I have , and it was a truck driver , I sent him the wrong way on a very busy road , told him to turn right at the roundabout, after he drove off I realised my mistake so I ran and hid in case he saw me on the way back .

I so wish I had a sat nav in my brain , I'm always taking wrong turnings
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:05 AM

My mind always goes blank if ever I'm asked.

Somebody in a car asked me once where the church was and I sent them to the tiny Christadelphian church that's basically a converted garage, completely forgetting about St Mary's, the huge old listed building church in the opposite direction
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:24 AM

when I first moved here a woman stopped and asked directions to the school. I sent them on their way then realised it was the wrong school. I felt quite guilty tbh and was hoping to see her again but I didn't.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The other week, a respectable looking man stopped me in the street and asked me directions to the Law Courts.
I gave him directions and joked, ‘Are you on trial then?’
He looked at me oddly, then realised l was only joking. He laughed and said, ‘No, l’m not!’

I walked away smiling to myself when l realised l had given him the wrong directions. I had told him to turn left at the very end of the road when it should have been turn right!

I tried to go after him but he was too far ahead, l would have had to wait ages for the lights to let me cross at a busy junction. So l just had to let him go the wrong way.
I felt so guilty and hoped he eventually got there ok.

So l ask, are you good at giving directions or rubbish like me? Have you ever accidentally given someone the wrong directions and felt really guilty?
Some people give the wrong directions on purpose!
Probably got 5 years for missing his trial time.

All down to you!

Think of his poor wife and family, no income, no dole!

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Probably got 5 years for missing his trial time.

All down to you!

Think of his poor wife and family, no income, no dole!

Ted, You are making me feel so bad now!
He looked more like a solicitor or, he might even have been the Judge!

You see, that’s me going by his appearance, when really most criminals don’t wear a striped one piece, wear a mask and carry a swag bag!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:45 AM

I'm very good with directions,I've never not found my way home........... yet.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:46 AM

Only joking, Art!

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2019, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm good with directions, got a built in compass. Now nobody ever asks, they've all the map app in hand.
d00d, Come on, admit it.... you are just ‘perfection on legs’!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top