Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:49 AM

Re: Have You Ever Given Someone The Wrong Directions?

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yes Art I have , and it was a truck driver , I sent him the wrong way on a very busy road , told him to turn right at the roundabout, after he drove off I realised my mistake so I ran and hid in case he saw me on the way back .

I so wish I had a sat nav in my brain , I'm always taking wrong turnings
susan, l love how you hid whilst he was uttering swear words about you!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:49 AM

Nope because people always ask me when I am in a strange place myself !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:53 AM

I used to live where there was a road haulage firm behind my house .... French lorry drivers always got lost and asked me where the place was so I'd reply in an appalling French accent, practising my creaky schooldays French ... and send them off down the main road.
Aye, I was naughty like that when I was young.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:55 AM

Just thought of another ... where I live now.

I once got asked for directions to a block of flats around the corner from me.
Got chatting to the handsome hunk and discovered he was the one who fitted electronic tags on naughty offenders and he was off to wire up his latest client.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
My mind always goes blank if ever I'm asked.

Somebody in a car asked me once where the church was and I sent them to the tiny Christadelphian church that's basically a converted garage, completely forgetting about St Mary's, the huge old listed building church in the opposite direction
Nicol, l think because you don’t expect to be asked and when you are, you try to be so accurate. You are trying to think quickly and your hands are pointing this way and that way.
It’s only after as you walk away and rethink the route, you realise that you’ve sent them the wrong way!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2019, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
when I first moved here a woman stopped and asked directions to the school. I sent them on their way then realised it was the wrong school. I felt quite guilty tbh and was hoping to see her again but I didn't.
Longy, It is the guilt and it stays with you for the rest of the day.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I'm very good with directions,I've never not found my way home........... yet.
caricature, You are very lucky to be good with directions but...... are you a pigeon?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2019, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Only joking, Art!

Corr Ted, that’s a relief!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2019, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Nope because people always ask me when I am in a strange place myself !
Muddy, They do don’t they!
It’s happened to me too, l have asked someone for directions and they say, they are not from around there.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2019, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I used to live where there was a road haulage firm behind my house .... French lorry drivers always got lost and asked me where the place was so I'd reply in an appalling French accent, practising my creaky schooldays French ... and send them off down the main road.
Aye, I was naughty like that when I was young.
At least you didn’t send them down the wrong side of the motorway!
Did you speak loudly too. I wonder why some people tend to speak louder to a foreign person thinking if you do, they will understand you?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top