Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 02:57 PM

Green Bore

Caroline Lucas
Don't like the woman even though I lean to being green .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 03:22 PM

Re: Green Bore

I don't like Lucas. I find her overbearing, disingenuous and I think she has taken the Green party too far to the left for its own good.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 02:12 AM

Not familiar with your green party but ours sounds much the same. Let me guess..Are your greens Arrogant, entitled, dismissive of anybody who disagrees with them on any point at all. Their only response to any kind of challenge is "nonsense" or "rubbish". Even if that challenge is expressed with the greatest of respect. Throwing tantrums in parliament and walking out en masse if somebody on the other side suggests their policies are extreme or unachievable in the ridiculous time frames they advocate. Statements like "There is no place in this parliament for....Fill in the gap/ basically anybody who isn't of the same mindset as them. Everybody is some kind of "phobe". It's OK for them to be as rude, ill mannered, downright insulting (and occasionally violent) as they see fit to anybody who isn't in their camp. Am I close?

I have always been mindful and concerned about the environment. I support conservation of land and wildlife and I am against uneccessary development. I am for renewable sources of power and recycling. In the driest continent on Earth I think about water conservation all the time and I loathe and vigorously oppose pollution causing practices. But I still have manners. I am still prepared to listen to opposing views. And in supposedly civil discourse, I would never say to anybody that they are "rubbish". Even if I think they are! :/
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 07:13 AM

I hope there is not a touch of envy here.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 01:10 PM

I find the whole thing a total bore tbh. Yes, there are problems that need to be sorted out but why it has suddenly become an emergency baffles me. We have seen it coming for decades now so why the sudden rush? Politicians and celebs are all jumping on the bandwagon because it promotes their careers - nothing to do with saving the planet (as perfectly demonstrated by the contradictory Emma Thompson; Protests in London = publicity for her film & TV series.

There's a programme on tonight about how we can stop using plastic - well stopping factories producing it would be the best place to start but as usual, the onus falls on the public.

Instead of programmes about what to do with our Margerine tubs, we should have programmes about what to do with a hundred youths who go on the rampage at a London station or about why it takes three weeks to get a doctors appointment.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Not familiar with your green party but ours sounds much the same. Let me guess..Are your greens Arrogant, entitled, dismissive of anybody who disagrees with them on any point at all. Their only response to any kind of challenge is "nonsense" or "rubbish".
Sounds pretty much like our Greenies, and especially Lucas.

She and her party seem to attract young snowflakes, unfamiliar with work and life experience yet of the opinion that they know it all.

Quite extensive problems caused by our 'eco-warriors' have featured regularly on the news. They inconvenience many people and cost the economy unnecessarily yet at the same time achieve absolutely nothing.

I suppose we can hope that most of them may grow up later in their lives, but unfortunately they are encouraged by such people as academics who really ought to know better.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
sounds pretty much like our greenies, and especially lucas.

She and her party seem to attract young snowflakes, unfamiliar with work and life experience yet of the opinion that they know it all.

Quite extensive problems caused by our 'eco-warriors' have featured regularly on the news. They inconvenience many people and cost the economy unnecessarily yet at the same time achieve absolutely nothing.

I suppose we can hope that most of them may grow up later in their lives, but unfortunately they are encouraged by such people as academics who really ought to know better.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top