Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 10:50 AM

Re: An acquired taste.

Sashimi is mine. I buy a kilo of good salmon and cure it for 48 hours with salt and caster sugar. I have it nearly every day for breakfast with pickled ginger, dill and mayo with a dash of wasabi along with a poached egg and a long black coffee. That kilo lasts about a week. Some may recoil in fright but I think it's the bomb.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 11:24 AM

Walkers MAX STRONG Jalapeno and Cheese crinkle cut Crisps.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 11:40 AM

Cockles, winkles and whelks.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Sashimi is mine. I buy a kilo of good salmon and cure it for 48 hours with salt and caster sugar. I have it nearly every day for breakfast with pickled ginger, dill and mayo with a dash of wasabi along with a poached egg and a long black coffee. That kilo lasts about a week. Some may recoil in fright but I think it's the bomb.
Delicious, Keezoy!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Cockles, winkles and whelks.
Cockles, Mussels, and scallops, Yes! No whelks or winkles for me, Aeroler
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Walkers MAX STRONG Jalapeno and Cheese crinkle cut Crisps.
Yum!...Yum!..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
black coffee

when I was young I hated black coffee then one day I decided to cut milk and sugar out of my diet to save calories when I was on a diet, at first I hated it but the more I drank it the more I came to like it. Nowadays I don't really enjoy coffee if it has sugar or milk in.
The only time I drink black coffee,LQ,is when I run out of milk.

Very seldom do I drink coffee,as for going without milk and sugar,

Never in a moth of Sunday's!...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 03:09 PM

Green Olives .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Sounds delicious Keezoy and the ginger is great for health. Problem for me is that there is no decent salmon any more. Most of it is farmed in disgusting pens with fish living in their own faeces and having to be given antibiotics etc.

The farms that are situated in rivers have impacts wild salmon too. I almost never eat salmon as a result. Supermarkets are the worse. Sickly pale pink fish with wide stripes of fat showing teh fish in unhealthy.

I would opt for the deep red Alaskan salmon if any but even that has issues.

I love smoked mackerel and most other fish but conscious of the mercury problem.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-06-2019, 05:31 PM

My son has always told me.

Mother you are an acquired taste.

What ever does he mean!........

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top