Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 01:08 PM

Re: A recycle question.

Anyone been to their local tip recently ? We did what a palaver that was, shouting at people to take stuff to other end of site as it had too much metal for the normal bins, yelling at people about garden rubbish they had mixed with soil ( pulled up plants that turned out to be). Have to lug everything up metal stairs to throw it into the skips, not easy for some of us with less than able bodies, but with all the yelling didn't like to ask for help

Nightmare I can see why people fly tip !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Nightmare I can see why people fly tip !

Yes so do I.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 02:11 PM

We must be lucky. We have huge recycling bins located at the bottom of almost every street, one for oils, one for clothes and shoes, one for glass etc. We also have big green bins on all streets for everyone's day to day rubbish. People put bottles, cardboard, even building rubble at times in them but the bin men don't seem to mind, they come along every night and empty them, the bins are tipped into the truck, the grinding thing grinds it all up and that's it, it's all gone. Garden rubbish, old furniture etc is collected by special trucks once a week. At this time of year the cleaning truck follows the bin emptying truck and washes out the empty bins. We really can't complain.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 03:11 PM

Our wheelie bins have stickers on the underside of the lids, telling you what can, and can't, go in them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 12:26 AM

The tip near us is incredibly well organised no ungenteel shouting at all.
It works on a circle and everyone drives around getting rid of their stuff.
They also make compost out of the green waste which you can pick up.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 07:35 AM

I never mind visiting my local recycling depot. Plenty of men about to advise where to put things, and at times they have taken stuff off me as I've got it out the car. Not always, but it has happened. I've yet to take green waste but one person on allotment site told me where the correct bay is for such stuff.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top