Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 11:02 PM

Bossy Partners.

I wonder how many men have to put up with bossy wives, I mean directly bossy, to your face, I'm sure many wives or partners are bossy without realising it, my wife sometimes gives me orders but in a way that doesn't sound like an order, sort of a mixed statement, an example of that would be, "Jimmy, if you don't put some coal on the fire now it's going to go out dear". You know what I mean, she's given me the order, used a term or endearment, and at the same time indirectly telling me that if the fire goes out, she'll get cold and irritable and it will all be my fault, and be ready to accept the consequences, clever little devil that she is. If she had said "Jimmy, you'd better put coal on the fire now" I would have replied in a stern voice "Is that an order or a request?, isn't there a word missing darling?" Come to think of it I've probably been taking orders from her all my life without knowing it, better go out for a bucket of coal now before the row starts.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 11:16 PM

Re: Bossy Partners.

Please bear in mind that men can be bossy too And they nag !
I have learnt to switch off and ignore "him indoors"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 11:49 PM

Not sure the wife is Bossy, she may just know what is best for me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I wonder how many men have to put up with bossy wives, I mean directly bossy, to your face, I'm sure many wives or partners are bossy without realising it, my wife sometimes gives me orders but in a way that doesn't sound like an order, sort of a mixed statement, an example of that would be, "Jimmy, if you don't put some coal on the fire now it's going to go out dear". You know what I mean, she's given me the order, used a term or endearment, and at the same time indirectly telling me that if the fire goes out, she'll get cold and irritable and it will all be my fault, and be ready to accept the consequences, clever little devil that she is. If she had said "Jimmy, you'd better put coal on the fire now" I would have replied in a stern voice "Is that an order or a request?, isn't there a word missing darling?" Come to think of it I've probably been taking orders from her all my life without knowing it, better go out for a bucket of coal now before the row starts.
We wives are crafty so and so's, aren't we Jem
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We wives are crafty so and so's, aren't we Jem
...yes Mags a carrot is always better than a stick where menfolk are concerned, that goes for fathers and sons as well as husbands doesn't it
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2013, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...yes Mags a carrot is always better than a stick where menfolk are concerned, that goes for fathers and sons as well as husbands doesn't it
You're correct there Meg, I've got it off to a tee now !
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2013, 12:10 AM

Me too. " I know you have not been quite up to the mark today, so I'll put the bins out dear". Works every time. That's why we are called the gentler sex.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

14-11-2013, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Me too. " I know you have not been quite up to the mark today, so I'll put the bins out dear". Works every time. That's why we are called the gentler sex.
Love it Mall!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2013, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Love it Mall!
We have ways and ways.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2013, 08:05 AM

Of course I'm bossy I am, after all Lord and master of my domain!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top