Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 01:38 PM

Re: I Have Just Received My Water Bill And I Nearly Collapsed!

My water meter is up the road and around the corner in a different road!

I only know where it is as blue marking has been painted on my fence. When l first saw it, l thought travellers had marked me down for somewhere to park their caravans. I then discovered it was the Water people.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My water meter is up the road and around the corner in a different road!

I only know where it is as blue marking has been painted on my fence. When l first saw it, l thought travellers had marked me down for somewhere to park their caravans. I then discovered it was the Water people.
Next time you have a look at the meter Art, check the number on the meter is the same as the meter number on your bill, just to make doubly sure it really is the right meter.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Next time you have a look at the meter Art, check the number on the meter is the same as the meter number on your bill, just to make doubly sure it really is the right meter.
Mups, it is the correct meter as there are no other houses on that side of the road.
To get the correct reading, l had to walk through brambles and undergrowth to get to the meter. I also had to take gloves, a torch and a screwdriver. When l eventually got the lid off, the meter was very low down in the ground and full of leaves and fat slugs that l had to move out of the way! Eeeek!

Actually, l did receive a new water bill last week and it might be a good idea to check the reading, just in case they’ve got it wrong again.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 02:01 PM

We still have someone come to the house to read the Gas meter every quarter. Because the meter reading is put out to a 3rd party company who have their own I.D. but nothing of proof to say they are on behalf of British Gas, they have to know a secret password that I gave to British Gas before being allowed into my home. If they don't know it, they don't come in!
John leave
Hertfordshire
John leave is male  John leave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have a water meter and my half yearly water bill is usually around £115.

Today, l received my bill and it was a massive £357.47 for 193 days! I couldn’t believe it and thought l would collapse with the shock!!

I rang the Water people, it took ages to get through. When l eventually got through, the man said, there were 99 people after me in the queue!

He said, it might be an incorrect reading, or l had a leak. The thought of a leak, nearly took me over the edge!!

He asked, if l could take another reading. He advised me to take something to lever open the cover, a torch and a pair of gloves. It’s a good job l did, as the hole containing the meter was full of yuk, leaves and slugs!

I took the reading, 01472. What a relief! The bill ‘actual’ reading was 01572.

Luckily, l didn’t have to wait in a queue again, Steve at the call centre, rang me back. l told him the new reading and my bill was adjusted.

It made me think of other people who get huge bills due to their meter being read incorrectly. It really, is enough to make you either collapse or have a heart attack at the massive amount you think you’ll have to pay.

Has it ever happened to you, or someone you know?
i`m lucky i`m still on a fixed bill and can use as much as i want and know whit i will be paying, but not for long i`m being forced to go over to meter next year, will be keeping a eye on it after reading your post.
John leave
Hertfordshire
John leave is male  John leave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
We still have someone come to the house to read the Gas meter every quarter. Because the meter reading is put out to a 3rd party company who have their own I.D. but nothing of proof to say they are on behalf of British Gas, they have to know a secret password that I gave to British Gas before being allowed into my home. If they don't know it, they don't come in!
got rid of british gas, too expensive now with bulb saving about £250 a year all done online. i do a reading every month or 2 to see how my payments are going, can up or down them if i think i`m not paying the right amount.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top