Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 11:57 PM

Re: Hats off.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Yes....
Yes because they are known to be the deep thinkers of football fandom?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You think Millwall fans are able to make that distinction?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes because they are known to be the deep thinkers of football fandom?
Hee hee
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 01:28 AM

Well said Bruce
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 01:32 AM

Probably not in todays climate
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Ok, with regard to "matters", we agree to differ and there's no point in getting into the usual tit for tat stuff (am sure others will go through this anyway)

On the subject of kneeling though...is it not true that symbolically the act of kneeling implies subservience, humility and/or forgiveness? How does this imply equality?

I don’t think bending the knee in football, has got anything to do with what you have typed here.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Making a stand?
Why .. has a war been declared or something? I thought you'd be all for equal rights .... as in, All Lives Matter.
They're hardly downtrodden and exploited ...or heaven forbid, slaves, anymore.

Only last month a survey concluded that considering only 12% of the British population consisted of ethnic groups .... they hogged 22% of actors/presenters/news readers on TV.
I'd say they were doing fairly well wouldn't you.
Watch TV adverts and you'll find the ratio is higher than that and it's a case of spot the white man.

All this BLM and bending the knee nonsense is doing is annoying people, creating bad feeling and creating racial divide where it had largely declined in this country.

This all sounds like, “Us and Them” instead of being equal, very one sided view, imo Morti.

I honestly can’t agree with anything you have typed on this post.

I must admit, I have just started to see far more black people on tv, that imo has been a long time coming, so am delighted to see that change,we also have some great black actors as well as white.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
This all sounds like, “Us and Them” instead of being equal, very one sided view, imo Morti.
Good. So you should not have to make a stand, should you?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Making a stand?
Why .. has a war been declared or something? I thought you'd be all for equal rights .... as in, All Lives Matter.
They're hardly downtrodden and exploited ...or heaven forbid, slaves, anymore.

Only last month a survey concluded that considering only 12% of the British population consisted of ethnic groups .... they hogged 22% of actors/presenters/news readers on TV.
I'd say they were doing fairly well wouldn't you.
Watch TV adverts and you'll find the ratio is higher than that and it's a case of spot the white man.

All this BLM and bending the knee nonsense is doing is annoying people, creating bad feeling and creating racial divide where it had largely declined in this country.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed. I thought I was becoming racist..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-12-2020, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Good. So you should not have to make a stand, should you?

I think you are confused.

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top