Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 11:09 AM

Re: Best time for a holiday?

Why don't you do both?

We tend to do a warm climes holiday in February, sometimes a European one in may/june and the Algarve in October.
Short English breaks in Summer if we want to.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2014, 04:44 PM

Are all you holiday - lovers out there just itching to gather together, suitcases, sunhats, passports cameras? Why not do it now & take a photo for this month's competition?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 08:27 PM

Best time for a holiday? It has got to be the day after tomorrow, when I'm off for 12 days
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 03:34 PM

I wish I could go away every winter, cold weather and asthma makes me miserable. I need to start doing the lotto....lol
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 04:40 PM

We're decorating the house at present, but we're thinking we might go to the Lake district for a break next month. We'll also go away later in the year, but I'm not one for booking much in advance, so no real idea as to when or where. As for our motorhome, we just go if the weather looks good.

“Tourists don't know where they've been, travelers don't know where they're going.” - Paul Theroux.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 09:38 AM

George matey - I tend, if I have a choice, to pick the first two weeks in September for a holiday - the kids are just re-starting school so no screaming brats everywhere, and its still warm enough (if you're going to a warmer climate in Southern Europe) to be able to stroll around in just shirt-sleeves.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 10:43 AM

Morning Uncle Joe... The kids go back to school in mid-August here, so any you see in late August are English tourists! We're still usually pretty busy in Sept with gardening etc... so we prefer November for a break. We don't normally do warm countries so if Dianne gets her way and we go to Portugal, November might be OK. (She wants to visit Porto) Don't fancy the Algarve.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top