Join for free
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 06:20 PM

Does anybody know of cottages to let in Snowdonia?

My OH and I are planning a week long holiday to Snowdonia National Park in September - does anybody know of any holiday cottages to rent?

I am not looking for anything too posh. We take our dog so need an enclosed garden.

I have heard that if you put a request/enquiry out to 7 people you're likely to get a positive response! The internet has saved me the job of going around actually facing people and asking ! What a misery I am.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 11:11 PM

Re: Does anybody know of cottages to let in Snowdonia?

I hope you find something suitable Sandy, wishing you the best of luck.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
My OH and I are planning a week long holiday to Snowdonia National Park in September - does anybody know of any holiday cottages to rent?

I am not looking for anything too posh. We take our dog so need an enclosed garden.

I have heard that if you put a request/enquiry out to 7 people you're likely to get a positive response! The internet has saved me the job of going around actually facing people and asking ! What a misery I am.

Hi Baxter, Dogs Trust have many dog friendly cottages all over the place to rent, have a look on their website, or google www.welcomecottages.com there are hundreds of dog friendly places to let.

There is also a book you can get in some newsagents too, called "Dogs Welcome" which lists thousands of holidays with pets allowed.
You could also e.mail - jill@dogstodaymagazine.co.uk as she deals with the holiday places too.
Have fun.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 07:11 AM

We used to book cottages through Cottages4you, they have many that are dog friendly and have a wide selection of properties over the whole price range. Whatever you do though do it quickly, as cottages get booked up for the summer very quickly especially in such a popular spot..
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Oh thanks everyone. I'm going to investigate the suggestions. As our dog is still a youngish (3 years) and a bit boisterous I certainly don't want anything to posh or dainty! We're hoping to go in September after the school holidays when it's less busy, so hopefully there'll be good choice and cheaper!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2014, 01:25 PM

The Llangollen Railway has a holiday let at Berwyn, they have renovated the stationmaster's house. Another property also a stationhouse is at Glyndyfrdwy. About an hour drive to Snowdonia, we went last year in October and pretty much had the road to ourselves.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top