Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 06:48 AM

Myanmar/Burma

I am spending August and part of September in Asia.

One plan is to go to Myanmar for perhaps a week or so at some stage of the trip, probably flying from Bangkok (though could be KL). Probably base in Yangoon but trip to Mandalay possible.

Anybody been recently? what is worth seeing? Advice please.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 07:19 AM

Re: Myanmar/Burma

You certainly get around Bruce.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am spending August and part of September in Asia.

One plan is to go to Myanmar for perhaps a week or so at some stage of the trip, probably flying from Bangkok (though could be KL). Probably base in Yangoon but trip to Mandalay possible.

Anybody been recently? what is worth seeing? Advice please.

Here you go Bruce matey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTiBKjielhg
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
You certainly get around Bruce.
I wish it was true Alan but this year I have only been for relatively short trips around NSW and Victoria, this is my first trip out of the country for the year.

Last year I spent several months in Asia in March and August plus a trip up to Queensland and a few out west.

Mind you I have left getting my Myanmar visa a bit late I hope I get my passport back before I have to catch the plane Only sent it off today and I leave the beginning of August.

Mind you I am not getting many takers for this topic surely someone must have been there recently. Anybody?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2014, 01:15 AM

Nope?
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2014, 08:57 PM

Nope here, know many who go to Thailand but not Burma.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

12-07-2014, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Nope here, know many who go to Thailand but not Burma.
Never mind I will have to find out when I get there. At the moment the plan is to drive from Malaysia to Hat Yai in Thailand then either train or plane to Bangkok. Visit Kanchanaburi (something I have missed previously) for a day or so, then fly to Yangoon - on the way back might revisit Chang Mai for a short stay.

Like all best laid plans this may change (still haven't got a Myanmar visa!!) A few days in Penang has to be fitted in and if time perhaps another visit to Langkawi.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

12-07-2014, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Here you go Bruce matey.
Joe, me old pal, me old beauty, You need new glasses, I wrote 'Yangoon' not a 'Useless gallah'
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 10:13 AM

Sounds like it will be a great adventure for you Bruce. Enjoy!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top