Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 01:51 PM

St Pauls Cathedral

Im on a coach trip to London next Saturday,the main event being St Pauls Cathedral,and then Old London Town.im a little disappointed to read no photography is allowed in St Pauls ,so i will buy a guide book for the photos of inside .
Anyone been there and what is there to see in
Old London ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 02:12 PM

Re: St Pauls Cathedral

How much time have you got Eliza darlin' ??? - well there's the London Dungeons across the river underneath London Bridge station, HMS Befast the Cruiser anchored in the Thames, the Tower of London and Tower Bridge, the Monument (this reputedly marks the spot where the Great Fire of 1666 first started). Further down the river is the Globe theatre, Greenwich Maritime Museum and on top of the hill the Greenwich meridian museum. Just a few of the things to see and do.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 02:23 PM

First choice for me would be the Museums, the Natural History, Science and V&A

http://www.timeout.com/london/attrac...london-museums
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
First choice for me would be the Museums, the Natural History, Science and V&A

http://www.timeout.com/london/attrac...london-museums

Yes Meg darlin' I could have mentioned them too, but they're quite some distance from St: Paul's Cathedral.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 02:50 PM

UJ. ..i expect a four/5 hr stay before boarding the coach back,so if i do2hrs in St Pauls then look at whats closest,

Meg..i did the 3 museums you mentioned in January ,
also did Kensington Palace,
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

27-07-2014, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
UJ. ..i expect a four/5 hr stay before boarding the coach back,so if i do2hrs in St Pauls then look at whats closest,

Meg..i did the 3 museums you mentioned in January ,
also did Kensington Palace,

Eliza darlin' - any of these are not too far away:

the London Dungeons across the river underneath London Bridge station, HMS Befast the Cruiser anchored in the Thames, the Tower of London and Tower Bridge, the Monument (this reputedly marks the spot where the Great Fire of 1666 first started).
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

27-07-2014, 05:30 PM

Thank you for that UJ they sound most interesting ,i just hope the weather cools down before Saturday..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

27-07-2014, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Thank you for that UJ they sound most interesting ,i just hope the weather cools down before Saturday..
Alreday has Eliza darlin'
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 10:11 PM

Hello Eliza, have you done the trip yet? What did you manage to see?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

03-08-2014, 10:40 PM

Hi Jazzi , yes i went yesterday,it was a three hour journey there from Nottingham,when we got to London there was no parking Space for our Coach.,And our Organiser had to yet buy our tickets to get inSt Pauls .When we got inside we were told we had to stay together as a group which was not going to happen as a few of us were unable to go up the 250 stairs to the Whispering Gallery plus another 150 to the next floor , plus something like
A step ladder to the viewing gallery .So i and 3 others only saw the ground floor and the crypt ,which held A few famous people including Nelson.i took my leave from the group and joined the H C service ,after the finishing of that i took off looking for The London Museum which we had been told on the coach was free entry ,I followed the signs post there from St Paul's and found it quite easily ,there was several floors to go look through of different objects found in London ,and a victorian street ,and other floors of different eras.it was well worth going to .I then made my way back to St Pauls feeling very tired ,sat and had my Sarnies inSt Pauls gardens ,when i looked up i saw i was being photographed..which made me feel very uncomfortable,so moved to another area .there was another 2hours to go for the coach pick up ,but my legs wouldn't go any further so i sat there watching tourist Buses and tourist go by ..When i met up with the others they told me they had been to the Millennium Bridge and had missed the Museum out.
I was happy with what i did see ,but with another 3hour journey back i was very tired and aching all over when i got home .I dont think i shall be doing any more London trips or coach trips longer than 2 hours.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top