Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 01:19 PM

Re: Hair

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think many men worry too much about losing their hair , a lot of woman like a bald head or the monks tonsure effect, I do but what I don't like to see men with dyed hair , far too harsh or wearing any form of dead animal on their head
Not very good for watching wildlife though, if its sunny the ricochets scare the birds and bees.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 01:45 PM

I think many men worry too much about losing their hair , a lot of woman like a bald head or the monks tonsure effect, I do but what I don't like to see men with dyed hair , far too harsh or wearing any form of dead animal on their head

Yes, that is true. Then others deliberately try to look bald and shave it all off. My Dad was bald, but ex-hubby bought a toupee to my horror!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 01:57 PM

I had long hair when I was much younger, very versatile is long hair, can be worn in many styles. I had it cut and permed in the Afro style of the era. Had it a various lengths, styles and colours as the fashion of the day dictated
I now keep it short and simple, too old to be chasing the fashion of the day
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 01:59 PM

Remember whe my ex swipe had a curly perm, i should have a medalfor telling porkies.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 03:16 PM

I also feel like that Meg, they think it looks natural , but it doesn't TBH.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 03:46 PM

I started to let my hair grow long when I was about 18 and going through a more rebellious period so trying to look a bit different was the norm.

My hair was blonde and I grew it so long it was past my shoulders and my style was the shabby-working-class-hippy look as I didn't have the money to follow the Chelsea types!

However, it caused me so much grief over two years with actual violence from skinheads and our wonderful London police that I got it cut to short back & sides at a local barber in Enfield.

Out went all the hippy clothing, beads, Inca medallions, Peace Cross etcetera and I went back to the pressed trousers and waistcoats at work.

My boss in Covent Garden was horrified - "What have you done?!" he said, much to my amazement.

His name was Haagman and I worked for him as a colour film processor for almost two years.

I'm still sorry I ever left that job really. Good Times. stevmk2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 09:29 PM

When my kids were small I had short hair (saved me pulling it out) now it's long again but when it gets shoulder length it loses it's curl so I have it trimmed, that's what daughter's are for.

Remember gentlemen: A hair on the chin is worth two on the head!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 11:35 PM

[QUOTE=Twizard;594686]When my kids were small I had short hair (saved me pulling it out) now it's long again but when it gets shoulder length it loses it's curl so I have it trimmed, that's what daughter's are for.

Remember gentlemen: A hair on the chin is worth two on the head![/QUOTE]

I like that Twiz.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 11:39 PM

A Bird in the hand is worth Two in the Bush, not so sure.
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 01:54 AM

Yet another sad story from Tish, I am afraid.

In 2006 I began perimenopause, had pneumonia, surgery, fell in love, gained and lost 40 pounds, and with it went my hair. I lost so much of it that what is left is thin, wispy and like what you would find on a two year old, so I keep it shaved off now, and just wear head coverings. I would rather have no hair than really bad unstylable hair.

There is some chance it may be a thryoid issue, as I always have cold hands and feet and my eyebrows are going now as well, so going to see an endocrinologist soon.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top