Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 05:08 PM

Re: Just when I thought that was it.........

It is lying on your back Mart - something I never do - unless its the dentist, then I need time before I get up and walk
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I am OK, except when I sit up from a dentist's chair. Then I have wait a while for some dizziness to pass before standing up. The dentist seems to allow for a bit of sitting time, so must come across this fairly often I suppose.

Getting out of bed is fine, so it must be something to do with laying on my back on a fairly hard surface for any length of time.
I think it's probably a mixture of back, neck and tension. The dentist will be used to it.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 05:28 PM

Yes, that must be it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 09:07 AM

I have a tendency to sway over too. I can be standing in a queue and for no reason I just topple sideways. It all happens in a split second and I'm ok afterwards. So far I haven't fallen.
I went to the doctors who tested my reflexes and they seemed normal. He said my ears needed syringing so I had that done but it made no difference.

The doctor didn't seem interested in any further investigations - he told me he could do 1,000 tests and 999 would come back negative ... He said to return if it got any worse.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 09:49 AM

Definitely go back if it gets worse Carol, then further tests will have to be done ....
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 04:15 PM

Just back from the Doctor and she is amazed because despite my taking a course of "quite strong antibiotics" as she said, it didn't clear the infection and I still have it, complete with debris as she put it and still a small hole in my eardrum.

This is probably the reason for the slight dizzy spells that I had on Saturday-last, (and a couple of times since), as the bacterial infection is in my middle ear again.

I have yet another course to take for 5 days and then report back if there is no marked improvement.

I have my Implant interview on Friday and I will have to pass this on to them.

They will also check out my Aids, the left one in particular because they say that some of what I have said I'm struggling with sounds like an intermittent fault, possibly in the central processor of the Aid so it's possible that I have two problems.

I am hoping now that this will get sorted as it is very hard trying to work normally when my hearing is up and down all the time. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 04:49 PM

You really are being put through it at the moment Steve, really hope these meds do the trick and wish you luck with your next appointment.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top