Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 02:29 PM

Plain christmas Hamper?

I would like to send a Christmas Hamper, or a good quality general food hamper, but not in a wicker basket, which I think is a waste of money, and only clutters the place up when it's empty
I found some a couple of years ago, but forgot who they were, and so far I've searched & searched the Net without much success.

Have you any suggestions, please?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 02:32 PM

Re: Plain christmas Hamper?

Milkmen sell plain cardboard boxed hampers I believe. Or they are really easy to make yourself.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 02:45 PM

What about a cheap plastic storage tray?
The type you see near the stack boxes.
I've got one in my hall which I made a pretty cover for to keep hair bits and bobs in.
You could use some tissue paper and shredded colourful packing to nestle the food in, then tie a bow around it and it will come in handy afterwards.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 02:47 PM

Like Tessa I would prefer to make my own choosing appropriate items . Often in hampers you get some things that are of little use.

I have made up hampers in the past often adding my own marmalade/mincemeat/christmas pudding using a cut down cardboard box covered in Christmas paper/crepe paper/ cellophane and they were gratefully received
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 03:20 PM

I just thought of another idea, now we need our own shopping bags.
Find an attractive one, you can get pretty ones with birds and things on or canvas "vintage" ones, line with a cardboard box and fill with groceries etc.
I may try that myself!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 03:34 PM

Thanks for your comments

Yes, I could quite easily make up my own hamper, but the people I want to send it to live on the other side of the country, so I just want to order a ready made - up one

MEG You've reminded me
I want to send a large - ish family sized hamper, but I know that these tend to have some unusual items, and I don't think my friends would thank me for something like roasted peppers& garlic chutney

I've managed to find some suppliers that have hampers in simpler packaging.
Also I've noticed that the smaller hampers tend not to have anything too exotic in them
So instead of one large family hamper I'll send 2 or 3 smaller ones from these suppliers; haven't decided which yet

British Hamper Company
Baxters (yes, the people that make the soup)
Lottie Shaw

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top