Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 08:06 PM

Christmas Tree Festival

In my local town there is an annual Christmas Tree Festival where loads of different charities decorate a xmas tree in the church in town and people that come to look around can donate their pennies to whichever charity they like,there are a few prayer trees as well where you can write a little prayer for someone special to you and then hang the prayer on the tree...its open from the 1st Dec until the 8th Dec ...it attracts lots of people into the town......I usually go and look around in the evening as its open from 10am until 8pm every day,there are craft stalls and a bazaar to look round in the church also and refreshments and cake too (the best bit lol )

I shall take some photos this year and post on this thread ...do you have anything like this happening in your local town or village?

Its quite a popular thing nowadays Tree Festivals at Christmas.....its been growing every year for the last 5 or more years now,coaches from near and far turn up

Any Ebeneezer Scrooges please feel free to pass by this thread lol

Here are a few pics from last year when I get them sorted out
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 08:15 PM

Re: Christmas Tree Festival

We have this in a couple of towns near me, my sister loves going but I've not been tempted yet. She puts some pics on Facebook and the trees all look really lovely.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 08:15 PM

This was an owl tree

A nice blue hue to this tree

There were almost 80 decorated charity trees last year

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

27-11-2016, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
We have this in a couple of towns near me, my sister loves going but I've not been tempted yet. She puts some pics on Facebook and the trees all look really lovely.
I go every year Cranberry,it gets me out and its enjoyable ...my sister usually helps out on the door and refreshment side too ....I think Im going to take my neighbour this year too as she doesnt get out much and she's done quite a bit for me this last year too
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 08:22 PM

I did not know these existed Aysa, thanks they look beautiful. I shall go and checkout to see if my Town has one.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 08:24 PM

Lovely pics, Aysa, and the owl tree?!! Very imaginative, have to applaud all the work that goes into putting it all together.
Enjoy your outing - I may go, yet, I'm sure I'd enjoy it once I made the effort.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

27-11-2016, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I did not know these existed Aysa, thanks they look beautiful. I shall go and checkout to see if my Town has one.
You probably might have one somewhere close to you Cedronella as theyre getting very popular and bring lots of people into towns I hope you can get to one as theyre very enjoyable and get you into a christmassy feeling too lol its very pretty seeing all the trees lit up in church like this,the photo dont do the lovely trees justice at all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 08:26 PM

What lovely pictures Aysa, very pretty colours. I especially love the Owl, and the last photo, too.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

27-11-2016, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What lovely pictures Aysa, very pretty colours. I especially love the Owl, and the last photo, too.
Thanks Mups ,Im really looking forward to going to see them all this year too as last year I was having chemotherapy and enjoying xmas was the last thing on my mind so this year is totally different and I feel like looking forward to xmas
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Thanks Mups ,Im really looking forward to going to see them all this year too as last year I was having chemotherapy and enjoying xmas was the last thing on my mind so this year is totally different and I feel like looking forward to xmas

Yes, I remember your troubles last year Aysa.
You deserve to have a wonderful, carefree Christmas this year. x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top