Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 08:16 PM

My first Christmas dinner.

As many of you may know, ( I've been bleating on about for long enough!), I am off to New Zealand on Wednesday to spend Christmas with Grandkids I haven't seen for four years, one of whom was a matter of weeks old back then. I have just got back after spending the day with most of the rest of my family and we had the most lovely full Christmas dinner cooked and prepared for us. Barely enough room around the table for all of us. The youngest, Tommy, will be three on New years day and the oldest, me, will be 77 next August. What a wonderful life it has been. Anyway I digress, will you be having more than one Christmas dinner this year?
P.S. No need for the Bah Humbuggers to reply.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 08:27 PM

Re: My first Christmas dinner.

What do you mean "it has been"?????
You've got many more years to go
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 08:51 PM

Good for you EZ, must be great to link up with your family again. Enjoy every moment.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:00 PM

Have a wonderful trip to NZ Ezy it sounds as though you had a day to remember

Only one Christmas dinner here and it won't be turkey or any other feathered creature
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
As many of you may know, ( I've been bleating on about for long enough!), I am off to New Zealand on Wednesday to spend Christmas with Grandkids I haven't seen for four years, one of whom was a matter of weeks old back then. I have just got back after spending the day with most of the rest of my family and we had the most lovely full Christmas dinner cooked and prepared for us. Barely enough room around the table for all of us. The youngest, Tommy, will be three on New years day and the oldest, me, will be 77 next August. What a wonderful life it has been. Anyway I digress, will you be having more than one Christmas dinner this year?
P.S. No need for the Bah Humbuggers to reply.
Oh how lovely EZ. Bet you're really excited!
In case I'm not around, wishing you a safe journey and have a wonderful Christmas with your grandchildren. Hope you will take lots of pictures to show us too

In answer to your question, I will just be having the one Christmas dinner, but not sure it will be turkey lurkey.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:05 PM

I can't help thinking of "The Vicar of Dibley" when she gets invited to everyone's Xmas dinner!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I can't help thinking of "The Vicar of Dibley" when she gets invited to everyone's Xmas dinner!
That was a really good episode !!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:39 PM

Perfick EZ!
How wonderful to be blessed with the love of all of that family
I can't wait to become a Nain...but all in good time I suppose!!!

Make the most of that glorious NZ weather, scenery and celebrations
A lot of us are going to miss you terribly
Hurry back and be safe, both x
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:48 PM

How lovely today must have been for you and Joan

Have a wonderful time in NZ

M x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 10:06 PM

Safe journey from me too EZ, and Happy Christmas.
Christmas Dinner? Why yes I've already had one at a Garden Centre yesterday and it has set the bar very high. I'll get a few more in before the day....Love E'm.

Quite a few family members scheduled to attend this year I don't know if we've got enough chairs for them all. Now the grandchildren have grown up boyfriends will also be attending, so Mrs Fox will need all the help she can get.

It might be the last one at home though as there is talk about eating out next year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top