Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 10:22 PM

Free Christmas dinner

Nice.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7456686.html
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 10:50 PM

Re: Free Christmas dinner

Nice one.

And brave, considering the fate of that poor shopkeeper who wished his Christian friends in the neighbourhood a peaceful Easter.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 10:55 PM

That is a lovely thing for that resteraunt to do.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 12:38 PM

Saw this on Twitter, very nice gesture.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 02:54 PM

Our church is doing a free Christmas Lunch on Christma day for anyone who would otherwise be on their own--which includes me--but I have volunteered to help. We are also having welcome drinks, entertainment in the afternoon, plus Christmas cake and tea, about 5.00. So we have lots of people willing to help--the local shops have been so generous--the butcher is giving us a turkey and some chipolatas--etc etc etc--and Waitrose has donated £900.00 worth of vouchers to buy food drink etc. We were hoping for about 60 people---at latest committee meeting last Monday we have had positive acceptances from 14 people---plus a possible further 6 people. We have arranged lifts for everyone. A total so far of 20---so whether there are not as many people on their own at Christmas as we originally expected---or for whatever reason people are just not coming forward---we have had flyers and posters all round the village, plus the neighbouring villages. But whatever we aoim to make it a good afternoon for whoever turns up.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 03:20 PM

Very nice mariana im sure it will be well appreciated by those on their own. ai suppose some may still feel the stigma of being alone, lets hope more will join you on the day.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
Our church is doing a free Christmas Lunch on Christma day for anyone who would otherwise be on their own--which includes me--but I have volunteered to help. We are also having welcome drinks, entertainment in the afternoon, plus Christmas cake and tea, about 5.00. So we have lots of people willing to help--the local shops have been so generous--the butcher is giving us a turkey and some chipolatas--etc etc etc--and Waitrose has donated £900.00 worth of vouchers to buy food drink etc. We were hoping for about 60 people---at latest committee meeting last Monday we have had positive acceptances from 14 people---plus a possible further 6 people. We have arranged lifts for everyone. A total so far of 20---so whether there are not as many people on their own at Christmas as we originally expected---or for whatever reason people are just not coming forward---we have had flyers and posters all round the village, plus the neighbouring villages. But whatever we aoim to make it a good afternoon for whoever turns up.
That sounds lovely, something for them to remember
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 05:22 PM

Very thoughtful and kind of them .
Originally Posted by mariana ->
That is so good of you to give up your Christmas Day.
It will be appreciated by the people who turn up.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Very thoughtful and kind of them .

That is so good of you to give up your Christmas Day.
It will be appreciated by the people who turn up.
Many people are giving up their Christmas Day with their family---I am just giving up another day --another Christmas Day--on my own.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

11-12-2016, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Very nice mariana im sure it will be well appreciated by those on their own. ai suppose some may still feel the stigma of being alone, lets hope more will join you on the day.
You could be right---I know from experience that it is not easy to admit that you will be alone on Christmas Day again--and to have to admit that noone wants you around--even on Christmas Day...
I have 2 sisters, but impossible for us to get togeher---I have good friends, but they just commiitt to their own families---I have a man in my life--but noone in his family have ever accepted or acknowledged me, and he spends Christmas Day with them----so yes, its very very hard to say that youi will be all alone on Christmas Day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top