Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 10:47 AM

children with odd names

Some "stars" give their Children very odd first names.

But this link its got to be more stupid than most.

Parents must being on DRUGS at the time.

http://www.uww.edu/advising/aaec/wel...ff/sawyer.html

Mind you Im a coke man my self
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 11:01 AM

Re: children with odd names

Our grandchildren don't have run of the mill names but they aren't outlandish. Our three daughters have French names, reflecting my ancestry.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 11:18 AM

Well she doesn't look much of a child here but yes agree, some people name their children oddly :-
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 11:24 AM

Having to keep registers, I don`t mind the odd names so much (although the plump blonde child called Ebony or the brown haired shy child called Scarlett raised a few eyebrows) it`s the made-up spellings. Like Kayleb. Or Tayla. They get so annoyed when you get it wrong.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 11:53 AM

We have a lot of children booked in on our activities who have strange names and odd spellings, if they are booking over the phone I sometimes have to ask of it's a boy or girl.

And they wonder why they cant find pens and keyrings with their names on. But we do remember those children!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->

And they wonder why they cant find pens and keyrings with their names on. But we do remember those children!
and usually for all the wrong reasons!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 12:31 PM

Children with unusual names suffer in their school years, they become the laughing stock of the school play ground and parents who select trendy or fashionable names should bear this in mind. Another thing, if the child is a girl she might get married and have a different surname, one example of this is a hippy friend of mine in the 70s who called his daughter 'Strawberry', she went on to marry my Sons mate, Bill Fields.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
That so right Moetmum - you do get remembered (either that or they don't call you by your name because they can't say it or spell it properly). My name has been in the family for generations and as first child on my dad's side I was the one who had to have it handed on to me. Is not as bad as Marajuana, Pepsi, but it was considered unusual years ago. I hated it as a child and vowed never to give my own children an unusual name. Its not good to feel different because of your name. Having said that, I don't mind now - because my godmother had the same name and she inheritied it from her godmother, I look back with fondness these days.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 02:51 PM

My mother decided to hyphenate my given name, it wouldn't normally be hyphenated. I was called 'Hyphen' at my secondary school!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 04:10 PM

LOL DS! My name is ordinary but in two parts joined together! First one after my Mum and last one after my Dad's youngest sister - so I are RoseMary!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top