Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 11:52 AM

Re: Alexa

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Now, you know how car thieves have found a way to hack into your car fob, kept conveniently by the front door, to fool it into unlocking your car which is sitting on your front drive?

Well, I bet they'll find a way to hack into the Alexas of this world, listen in, and discover if you are in or out.

Maybe even get Alexa to unlock doors and things, too.

It's just more stuff to worry about.
Wouldn't it be easier to just go and knock on the door?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Wouldn't it be easier to just go and knock on the door?
I rarely answer the door if I'm not expecting anyone!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 12:08 PM

I rarely answer the door if I'm not expecting anyone!
One of those video doorbells advertised on TV may just be the thing for you.

Another thing with my Alexa, I can turn my lights on and off using my phone when I'm out and about - not a bad theft deterrent.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 01:22 PM

Just imagine if your wife was also called Alexa.... It could end in all sorts of embarrassing moments.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 02:13 PM

One of those video doorbells advertised on TV may just be the thing for you.

Another thing with my Alexa, I can turn my lights on and off using my phone when I'm out and about - not a bad theft deterrent.
I've got plug-in timers that do that!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

29-05-2019, 02:15 PM

I've got plug-in timers that do that!
Aye, but yours come on at fixed times. I can turn my lights on and off at will at any time of day or night in different rooms to give the impression of occupancy.
Pyxell
South of England

29-05-2019, 03:06 PM

Aye, but yours come on at fixed times. I can turn my lights on and off at will at any time of day or night in different rooms to give the impression of occupancy.
You can get timers that you can programme to come on at different times on different days.
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 03:25 PM

Had one for quite a while, would highly recommend, great for asking an obscure question, timer, alarm clock....
and good company if on youre own ! music, radio ect.

Also fab for 'popping' in to chat on screen to whoevers in !? while i'm out & about (on my mobile) to the alexa screen indoors.

My dog (who is never left more than 2 hrs max) will bring me his toy to the screen when i drop in to see him, ahhhh.

Also great for the lightbulbs, being able to turn them on & off at choice to make it look like some ones in,

While i was away, every hour or so i turned my bedroom light on & off, also the lounge every now & then thru the eve.
Makes me feel safer.

the doorbell is great for seeing who is ringing,
Rather than speaking to them i call my neighbur to pop out & say she is me so they think someone is in !

Our cockney & northern accents both work fine,

I would just like the option to change the accent/voice of Alexa....
maybe a del boy, yeah cushty.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 05:25 PM

I wouldn't give one house room.... but curiosity is calling me here.

Could one be taken in the car to disagree with the sat nav's directions

If not now, just think in the future.... Alexa shouting at the sat nav's lousy directions ....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lorna ->
Had one for quite a while, would highly recommend, great for asking an obscure question, timer, alarm clock....
and good company if on youre own ! music, radio ect.

Also fab for 'popping' in to chat on screen to whoevers in !? while i'm out & about (on my mobile) to the alexa screen indoors.

My dog (who is never left more than 2 hrs max) will bring me his toy to the screen when i drop in to see him, ahhhh.

Also great for the lightbulbs, being able to turn them on & off at choice to make it look like some ones in,

While i was away, every hour or so i turned my bedroom light on & off, also the lounge every now & then thru the eve.
Makes me feel safer.

the doorbell is great for seeing who is ringing,
Rather than speaking to them i call my neighbur to pop out & say she is me so they think someone is in !

Our cockney & northern accents both work fine,

I would just like the option to change the accent/voice of Alexa....
maybe a del boy, yeah cushty.
I married a human version of Alexa Lorna.....
Great for chatting with and getting her to get up and turn on/off the lights, she also feeds the cat and irons me shirts.......Try getting Alexa to do that....
She's also got a drawer full of new 'Software'....And she sings....
When she's in a bad mood I can tie her to the pipe outside the front door to frighten off the burglars....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top