Join for free
Page 549 of 754 « First < 49 449 499 539 547 548 549 550 551 559 599 649 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 07:42 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

It's hard getting any work done at the moment, so fingers crossed. Spent a lot of time looking for another car today. The wee polo is just too small for me and dog. I miss my big 4x4 soooo much it hurts. Settled on a smaller 4x4 this time, a Skoda Yeti, it has a really good reputation, and I get it next week on the 1st.
Looking forward to the promised hot weather starting tomorrow.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 11:23 AM

Good morning ladies. No sunshine here yet boo hoo. Phoned the washing machine engineer and he will come tomorrow. I'll have to get out in the back garden later and do some weeding.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 12:23 PM

Afternoon Each,it's hot hot hot....when I set out for My walk this morning it was sunny with a nice cooling breeze,but when I came out of the co-op with 2 bags of shopping it was roasting hot and I'd foolishly bought jersey royals,2 ltrs of milk,and fruit & veg which made the bags quite heavy,almost fell in My door when I got Home...but it was worth it to get Scottish strawberries...deelish

The buses are running quite regularly now so if I'm not
doing any more online groceries I'll have to bite the bullet and get on one in the coming weeks...There were no joggers
on the pavements either so I guess most Folks are back at work as are My noisy Neighbours 2 doors down YAY!...peace & quiet in the Ave' once more

That's good Your engineer is coming out Tomorrow Jessie so You'll not have to resort to the old washing board and mangle ...Have a good one Lassies and remember the sun lotion,I didn't now My face is like a burst tomato
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Afternoon Each, it's hot hot hot....when I set out for My walk this morning it was sunny with a nice cooling breeze, but when I came out of the co-op with 2 bags of shopping it was roasting hot and I'd foolishly bought jersey royals, 2 ltrs of milk, and fruit & veg which made the bags quite heavy, almost fell in My door when I got Home...but it was worth it to get Scottish strawberries...deelish

The buses are running quite regularly now so if I'm not
doing any more online groceries I'll have to bite the bullet and get on one in the coming weeks...There were no joggers
on the pavements either so I guess most Folks are back at work as are My noisy Neighbours 2 doors down YAY!...peace & quiet in the Ave' once more

That's good Your engineer is coming out Tomorrow Jessie so You'll not have to resort to the old washing board and mangle ...Have a good one Lassies and remember the sun lotion,I didn't now My face is like a burst tomato
Good afternoon May and others on here. Just caught your post again May, good to hear your weather has improved, now you can get dried out after all that rain and get yourself a suntan!

Nothing like home-grown strawberries is there, those from abroad, especially out of season, are tasteless, no flavour at all.

Reading your post I just had a thought and wondered if a shopping trolley might help you out, if you are no longer doing food shopping online, but still wanted to walk to your shops. It would save a lot of effort as I know myself it's not easy carrying heavy shopping bags.

Some in my family have used these trolleys and there are plenty online too, anyway just a thought, see link below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=shoppin...l_2srcy5qsqm_e

Enjoy your day everyone up there in Scotland, don't forget the suntan lotion though!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 01:36 PM

A shopping trolley..Moi!!..You cannot be serious,'twould ruin My street cred' Baz....(just kidding)...Aye I did have a 2 wheeled one some years back,but unfortunately it broke after I'd filled it to the brim with shopping and one of the wheels came off,luckily I had My mob' with Me so could phone for a taxi to get Me & the shopping Home..but I may consider a 4 wheeled sturdier one in future though it wouldn't be from Amazon as I fell out with Them years ago! so I'll just have to keep hoping I'm fit enough to walk to and from the local shops as I have no intention of queuing outside of Tesco or Morrisons in the next Town...barring that It'll be a wee electric scooter..toot toot...gerouta My way..I quite fancy that actually
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 06:08 PM

Good evening all. Yes it is hot today. I managed to get some more tidying the garden without catching too much sun. At least I think I did but will tell you better when I have the energy to look in the mirror! I'm usually going to bed before I see the red forehead and neck. We are so lucky that this 3 months is the longest spell of hot weather & sunshine that I remember in recent years. Long may it continue. I wonder if fewer flights and less traffic on the road has greatly contributed to this? Have a lovely evening & a good day tomorrow. Stay safe.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 06:17 PM

Evening, Had a busy day lots of things needed doing outside, so been out in the lovely warm sunshine most of the day. All change tomorrow according to the weather man, sheeeze. I got bitten by something while me and the dog were in the woods and my legs really swollen and sore, it came up like big blisters, each about the size of a 10p piece by the time we got home. They burst and my socks were soaked with clear liquid, itchy and sore now, heaven knows what it was, I never felt a thing. This is what I get for wearing cut off jeans.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

24-06-2020, 06:54 PM

Watching the Scottish News and sick of that Tory Ass Carlaw with his rush rush hurry up and get everything opened up..........like yesterday. He wants us to be at the same rate as as Bawheid Boris is at, and he never stops nagging. He's going to rush us into another outbreak at his rate. If Nicola said it was black that Scunner would say it was white. There's just no pleasing him, but he's a Tory so I shouldn't be surprised at his attitude.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
A shopping trolley..Moi!!..You cannot be serious,'twould ruin My street cred' Baz....(just kidding)...Aye I did have a 2 wheeled one some years back,but unfortunately it broke after I'd filled it to the brim with shopping and one of the wheels came off,luckily I had My mob' with Me so could phone for a taxi to get Me & the shopping Home..but I may consider a 4 wheeled sturdier one in future though it wouldn't be from Amazon as I fell out with Them years ago! so I'll just have to keep hoping I'm fit enough to walk to and from the local shops as I have no intention of queuing outside of Tesco or Morrisons in the next Town...barring that It'll be a wee electric scooter..toot toot...gerouta My way..I quite fancy that actually
Oh dear, I had overlooked the street cred May (just kidding). I've not yet bought anything online, Amazon just happens to be a well-known name to me. At least with a shopping trolley you could both keep fit and do your shopping easier. You might find the queuing at supermarkets is not too bad now if you choose the hours you shop, if you have to use them that is. A watchful eye needs to be kept then if you get an electric scooter, I can just visualise pedestrians running for cover as you zoom round the shops!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

24-06-2020, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Watching the Scottish News and sick of that Tory Ass Carlaw with his rush rush hurry up and get everything opened up..........like yesterday. He wants us to be at the same rate as as Bawheid Boris is at, and he never stops nagging. He's going to rush us into another outbreak at his rate. If Nicola said it was black that Scunner would say it was white. There's just no pleasing him, but he's a Tory so I shouldn't be surprised at his attitude.

Jackson Carlaw

Carlaw stood as the Conservative candidate in the 1982 Queen’s Park By-election (failed) and in the 1983 GE in Pollok (failed)

He gave up seeking election to Westminster and then turned his attention to Holyrood standing as a candidate for Eastwood in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 parliament elections (failed 3 times).

He was looked after by the Tories and was elected on the party list system in 2007 and 2011 representing the West of Scotland.

Failed,failed,failed,failed,failed…..and He's a big failure as the leader of the Scottish tory party..in fact He's just a big failed blabbermouth who thinks shouting and heckling Sturgeon will make Him more popular among the Scottish tories..eejit

Page 549 of 754 « First < 49 449 499 539 547 548 549 550 551 559 599 649 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top