Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
fitbird38
New Member!
USA
fitbird38 is male 

16-10-2019, 07:14 AM

Does anyone have the personal training certificate?

Hey everybody, I am thinking about becoming a personal trainer and in looking at the personal training certification. Does anybody have the certification? Is it difficult to pass?
I am looking for in the study tips to help me out. Thanks for all the help!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 08:11 AM

Re: Does anyone have the personal training certificate?

Welcome to our forum Fitbird38, hope you enjoy yourself in here.

The best person on here to ask is Flyody, he does the Fitness Routine on here.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by fitbird38 ->
Hey everybody, I am thinking about becoming a personal trainer and in looking at the personal training certification. Does anybody have the certification? Is it difficult to pass?
I am looking for in the study tips to help me out. Thanks for all the help!
Hi Fitbird , you would be best asking training bodies in the USA where the requirements for a personal trainer may be different from here in the UK.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 10:01 AM

Are you in your 50s? Great career change later in life.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Fitbird , you would be best asking training bodies in the USA where the requirements for a personal trainer may be different from here in the UK.
Absolutely my thinking too.
For health and safety reasons and different laws regarding training.

This site is the world's most famous exercise and fitness website, based in the USA. Try them.
https://www.bodybuilding.com
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 02:09 AM

Hi, and welcome.I think it's a great idea particularly if you are interested in working with the over 40s set. The need here is tremendous. Let us know how you do!
fitbird38
New Member!
USA
fitbird38 is male 

17-10-2019, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am looking to become a personal trainer in USA. please suggest me a best personal trainer certificate to start my career.
fitbird38
New Member!
USA
fitbird38 is male 

17-10-2019, 06:04 AM

I've been helping friends and family get in shape for years. Most of the stuff is common sense to me. So, I've decided to become a personal trainer. OMG!!! There's like a hundred different companies with their own certification programs. am confused to decide which one is the best for me.
fitbird38
New Member!
USA
fitbird38 is male 

18-10-2019, 06:34 PM

Hello everyone .!! Hope you all are doing great! as I have mentioned above that I have decided to start my personal trainer career. As I have read in many articles and internet in looking at the best PT certificate for me. There are hundreds of different companies with their own certification programs. I found that NASM, ISSA, ACE, personal training certifications are generally accepted that every single gym as high-end certification. I have just found an article [Link drops not allowed] related to me it helps me a lot but am still looking for something more. Am not fully agree with this guy. what you guys think about this link. Do you think the information is good or anybody can suggest me a better more than this.?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 06:45 PM

If you are going to be a personal trainer working within a gym, then best ask that one which certificate they accept. I would have thought it would also be acceptable if working alone.

Don't know about your taxation laws but getting third party insurance is a must. We have an expression over here called "watch your back". In other words if someone can sue you they will.

Also accounts need to be kept (apart from appointment books) which is a necessity for annual taxation inspection. even keeping records of motoring expense- advertising- clothing/equipment let alone household costs away from the job. A tax inspector will want to know where every $ goes. Get advice on what you can claim tax relief on, you may be surprised

What about health insurance- or taking holidays need consideration you don't earn if on holiday, and save for pension, you are on your own no company pension

Having run our own business I can assure you that is the easy part , it is the "hidden" work that takes time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top